25 Years Ago this Month-the Digger & Dino ‘SHOW"

Forums Forums BENCH RACING FROM THE PAST 25 Years Ago this Month-the Digger & Dino ‘SHOW"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

It was billed as “The Big One” …The TIME TUNNEL AUTO Show 1984. Our 4th Show at the Danbury Airport ,that Digger Dave And I put on….and the one that busted all records.It was an ‘extension” of our Sycamore Summer Cruise. Most Cars(450+), Most swap meet vendors(200+) Most attendance (5000+)…and the biggest held to date in Fairfield County.So of course …the City told us ….we “just” can’t handle it any more and it would be our last.Traffic backed up all the way down past the mall, up the exit ramp, and onto eastbound I-84.every vacant lot filled with spectator cars. We closed the gates to car entries at 9:30 am …no more room. Just found these old shots ,taken by Terry O’Shea, from the control tower 3 stories up (only way to get a good shot)…and even this is only the “right side” pieced together from two prints.Lot of Fantastic machinery…where are they now?

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Here’s a “pan’ to the far Left…shows entrance gate and this was late in the day (long shadows)

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Here’s a “zoom” in on the ‘center section ‘….lot of cool mercs. We had a row for each ‘Catagory’ of cars ,”Somethng for Everyone”. Classics & Antiques – Pre-48 Street Rods – Race Cars – 50’s Style Customs – Swngin’60’s Muscle Cars – Corvettes – even 4-wheel Drive and trucks/Vans…..Show ‘Loaded” with former Dover Guys with thier ‘current ride’

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

This is a zoom at high DPI, of ‘Far End’…there’s over 100 vehicles just in this shot. Hey Digger!….Imagine We do this again? only in Wingdale ??? …I know a big field they ain’t using …..He’ll say “been there- done That-not at my age ” 😆 . . . . think I’ll have to agree with him.

Attachments:

digger

Dino, those were the days! I don’t think they’ll ever be the same. That was a special time, there where few cruise nights other than ours ,and there’ll probably never be another car show like the Time Tunnel. But if I was ever to do another car show I would only do it with you. The thought has crossed my mind over the years to do just one more. It would be the Woodstock of car shows. Three or four days out in the middle of nowhere with all the old hotrodders. I don’t go to car shows these days because most of the hotrodders are gone. What you see now is the kit cars and the cars somebody bought. They drive around like they built them, but the old guys know better. You can spot a wannabe from a long ways away. All the fun is gone. The home built cars, althought there are a few around are few and far between. Like I said for years, if you didn’t build it you shouldn’t be driving it. Fortunately there are still enough around, that if we put the word out we could still put on the best car show of all time. Dino, you’re the best! Love you like a brother.
                        Digger Dave

😉 thanks old buddie …..we did it right….many of the guys and cars are gone now, but a “Woodstock of Car Shows”? Hmmmmmm……have to think about that….”Time Tunnel Revival -THE BIG ONE”
                        …………………..we always said “We take you back…to the cars,the music and the attitude”
                        …………………..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWjqZd5jSfM.%5Bedit-dino%5D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.