55 & fh digger

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR 55 & fh digger

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bobby-s

just being able to move my right shoulder after surgery for torn tendond
        I found these in “Low’r” section, lower dresser draw, 😆

I think the picture of the flat head digger was when carmel ford still had it,
        before we got it, large water pipes and 3×2’s on it, I took it at the car show in white plains
        I think Patty Kramer had the short water pipe and 4×2’s set up

the ’55 if I remember from stories is Tiny Eglets,
        the one he won the nationals with,

drizzl’n here now, 😥
        guess marcus is out, 🙁
        trying to do this on la-la meds, and 1/2 useage of arm 👿
        thick shake right about now would go great,,, 🙄

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Look close on Undecided..you’ll see its when Paul Grant had it

bobby-s

maybe Tiny can set the time when he got it.
                was this the one Tiny had in the nyc car show,
                when Rich Shotts had the fed there also????

maso
                Participant

Bob “Tiny” Eglet has an interesting story to tell about the time he went up to the property where the drag strip was, but long after it was closed down. There he found an abandoned Anglia Sedan that somebody must have ran in the Gas class. Tiny took it home.

dino
                    Keymaster

The Anglia Sedan (A Prefect not an Anglia) WAS the Lil Ol Whinemaker Altered (Not a Gasser)of Bob LaRegina..Eglit found it,,,took it to LaRegina who did’nt want it….The Car is now for sale by the Whalen brothers, The FED Dragster At the New York show ( see NYC Show topic in Other photos -multi-media section)WAS the old Shottgun Express (The first one they built, that Eglit bought and re-named The Mindbender and showed it)…the Anglia At that show was Me and My brother Ted’s “Travel Agent” we had in Partnership with Joe Tanner(A former John Sachs Car) The 55 Undecided was not at that Show. There ….Straightened That All out ….If you search all these items …you’ll find All the details in the Forum someplace:

Paul Grant mentioned: http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=163&hilit=undecided
                        Eglits Story: http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/search.php?author_id=72&sr=posts User name :BobTinyEglit
                        NYC show: http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=294
                        Paul Grant user name to contact : pgrant

vindicator
                        Participant

😀 😀 😀 HEY GUYS…JUST A “NOTE” TO GET YA’ ALL ON THE STRAIGHT & NARROW BOUT’…THE FLATHEAD DRAGSTER…”PADDY” CRAEMER…ORIGINALLY BUILT THE CHASSIS RESEARCH CAR ALWAYS POPPIN’ UP IN MOST OF THE PHOTOS…THERE WERE TWO ENGINES…ONE A 296″…3-’97 CARB…AND THEN THE “KILLER”…A 337” 4- ’97 CARB PIECE(WE RAN ‘EM BOTH)…THE 337″WAS PRETTY THIN IN THE CYLINDER WALL AREA (ALWAYS LEAKIN’ WATER…U…GET THE IDEA)..AND NEVER REALLY RAN UP TO “IT’S” POTENTIAL…WE…MY DAD/CARMEL FORD…OLD PALS OF PAT…FROM HIS COTT BEVERAGE TRUCK DRIVIN’ DAYS IN DA’ BRONX…(BEFORE AND LONG AFTER BREWSTER HARLEY DAVIDSON…TOO)…DID A LOT OF “BUSINESS”…THE SCOTTY FENN/CHASSIS RESEARCH CAR…WAS JUST PART OF IT ALL…PADDY HAD WOODY GILMORE/RACE CAR ENGINEERING BUILD HIM THE WORLD’S “TRICKEST” FLATHEAD CAR…RICHIE SHOTT… A GILMORE CAR “LOVER”… SAID… THE GUYS OUT ON THE WEST COAST JUST COULDN’T BELIEVE AT THE TIME…A GUY WAS BUILDIN’ A NEW “WOODY” CAR…FOR A FLATHEAD!!!!….THE HARLEY DAVIDSON OPPORTUNITY CAME UP FOR PAT…AND THE BRAZEE BROS. (YEAH…THE LIL’ GIANT GUYS) BOUGHT THE NEW WOODY CAR… AND RAN AS A JR. FUELER WITH MUCH SUCCESS FOR SOME YEARS…’COURSE’…’DEM BOYZ…ALONG WITH CHUCK SABIS…KNEW/KNOW…THEIR “STUFF”… 😆 😆 😆 …THEY …B…AWESOME…DRAKE…P.S. GEORGE & BOBBY BOUGHT THE CAR FROM US…THE FUNNY CAR “ITCH”…WAS IN PLACE…DAD HAD BUSINESS GOIN’ ON…AND WE JUST REALLY DIDN’T HAVE TIME OR INTEREST TO CONTINUE WITH THE LIL’ RASCAL 😀 😀 :D…OH…P.S.S. THE 337” 4-’97 CARB MOTOR WAS GIVEN…BY MY DAD TO THE LATE JOE SCHLAGER (FORMER FORD MERCHANDISING MANAGER FOR THE NEW YORK DISTRICT…WHEN IT WAS IN WHITE PLAINS,N.Y.)..WHEN HE PURCHASED THE ORIGINAL DANBURY MOTORS (FORD) FROM OWNER BILL CLAYHAN…RE-NAMED IT… COLONIAL FORD (MAIN STREET…BEFORE RTE.7)…TO DISPLAY (IT WAS ALL CHROMED & POLISHED UP…YA’ KNOW!!!) IN THE SHOWROOM…JOE HAD A ’39 BUSINESS COUPE…WUZ’ KINDA’ INTO FLATHEADS/HOT RODS…HAD ALWAYS BEEN “GOOD” TO US…IN HIS EARLY FORD CAREER DAYS…AND ACTUALLY…LONG AFTER 😀 😀 😀

dino
                            Keymaster

That Show shot shows the Dragsters Name at the time, on the wall Banner “Rebel Rouser” …got shots of it in ODF Galleriwswith it on the trailer lettered that way . Still hazy here Cramer First …Then Viscome …Then Bobby ..then where did it go? …see it all differant colors ? Maybe time to Make a Seperate Heading for this Dover “Boomarang” and plot its “Life”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.