56 OR 57 CHEVY BOUGHT FROM PUTNAM VALLEY NY

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR 56 OR 57 CHEVY BOUGHT FROM PUTNAM VALLEY NY

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    67gt428
    Participant

When i was young my parents owned a 56 or it might have been a 57 chevy and sold it around the mid 60’s to around early 70’s..
        i think it was two tone , the only thing it needed was a new generator…..it was sold for either 85.00 or 210.00 …..I remember the said ok and pulled out a roll of cash and said that he is going to put it on the track……..
        If any of you chevy guys out there bought it , it would be great to hear about it……

Again this was in Putnam valley,ny….
        Tommy D

dino
        Keymaster

Wouldn’t have a photo? 56 ? 57? …”’maybe two -tone”… mid 60’s …70’s… kinda wide open here ….OK Guys …anybody buy a Chevy for $85. or $210… ?

mikey

Maybe it was a 210 for $85.00. 😮 😯 😆

67gt428
                Participant

Sorry…i must have been around 1969-1972…i was only 5yrs old in 69 and i think it was green and cream or white…I remember i did not want the car to go….But i would think that if anyone remembers buying one from Putnam Valley….. Maybe Bob Brazee bought it…..I know its a shot in the dark but you never know….He said he was not going to register it because he was going to build it for the track..

I know it wasnt a 55…….i think it was a 56……but my mom thinks it may have been a 57…….My dad passed in 2011 so this is all i have to go with…….

Tommy D

67gt428
                    Participant
                        quote 67gt428:

Sorry…i must have been around 1969-1972…i was only 5yrs old in 69 and i think it was green and cream or white…I remember i did not want the car to go….But i would think that if anyone remembers buying one from Putnam Valley….. Maybe Bob Brazee bought it…..I know its a shot in the dark but you never know….He said he was not going to register it because he was going to build it for the track..

I know it wasnt a 55…….i think it was a 56……but my mom thinks it may have been a 57…….My dad passed in 2011 so this is all i have to go with…….

Tommy D

……………………BELAIR 210………..

paul-ceasrine

Lots of ‘Sleeper Cars’ just sitting in Putnam Valley around 1970 or so.

Quite a few ‘backwoods racers’ who ventured to Dover Drag Strip.

A few Tri-Five Chevy’s were always floating around near Tompkins Corners (Peekskill Hollow Road).

Paul

67gt428
                            Participant

Paul, I grew up on Oscawana Heights rd off of Wicopee rd….Tompkins Corners was my hang out spot….Did you know anyone from PV ?? i was there from 66 to 97….

Tommy D

paul-ceasrine

Tommy D,

I graduated from Lakeland High School in 1975. I had alot of friends from Putnam Valley.

I also, purchased several performance cars from Put Valley, but no 56′ or 57′ Chevy’s.

My best find, in 1975. A 1967 Plymouth GTX 440 (automatic) for $400, near the corner of
                                    Tinker Hill Road and Peekskill Hollow Road.

About a possible 1956 Chevy, Willie Hormente (Kandid Kamaro) purchased one in 1973/1974. He
                                    had it located at Jefferson Valley Service Center (Jay’s BP). A race only car. ❓

PC

wizeguy1320
                                        quote 67gt428:

Tommy D

If you can find a picture,… Ill show it to my Father and Jamie Brazee,…. my dad was a part of the Roe Park Sunoco/Lou’s Corner Store crew lol

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.