61 ford starliner

Forums Forums "CLASSIFIEDS"-Buy & Sell stuff Wanted 61 ford starliner

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    thekidd312

im looking for a 61 ford starliner i ran and sold in 1971 it was called THE HAULING HOBO. it was black hp 2-4 390 then 406 always a 4 speed. like to have it to drag again. if not would like to build copy if find body. billt the kidd bender my email is wbender@hvc.rr.com

vbob
        Participant

Hey
            Gotta narrow it down a little where this car ran,or did I miss that??

‘V’Bob

thekidd312

i ran this car mostly at island dragway in nj. but it did make few trips to dover and conn plus south glen falls a few to english town but mostly island. told was in newburg for a time. thanks thekidd

tomatohead
                Participant

Hey tomatohead here I know a guy a bought my 64 Fairlane from in Long Island that has or had a Black 61 Ford Starliner that he said he got from someone in the Newbrugh / Beacon NY area . I remmeber the car had big long ladder type bars on it ,does this sound like your car ??? I will try to find his phone number and call him and let you know if he still has it or if its for sale or who he sold it to and if your could still get it ………let you know later today …..Tomatohead 😀

thekidd312

t thanks please let me know what you find out it may be my 61. boy that would be great if it turns out to be the hobo and i could get it. ive always wanted it back. thanks bill

tomatohead
                        Participant

OK Kid this story starts out that I did find the number for the guy that I got my Fairlane from and I did call him and left a message acouple of days ago…..anyway I didnt hear from him so I called back tonite and spoke to his wife,she said she got the message but she said that her husband had passed away 🙁 …… I didnt know what to say first ……away after I told her how sorry I was to hear the bad news she understood . We talked for a while till we finlly got back to the 61 Starliner which was sold along with the other 64 Fairlane and 64 Galaxie he had. Now this is where you mite get lucky 🙂 since you live over there in Orange county cuase you live in Middletown NY right??? well it seems that the guy who bought it lives in Pine Bush NY and the lady says that the guy works for the school district there , so you mite try going over to the bus depot or maybe hes a coustodain or a teacher or something but you have nothing to loose if you go there and poke around a little ,I am sure You can find out something being that it is so close to you it would be killing me to find out if my old car was right around the corner from me !!!!!!!!!!!!!! so go for it and let us know whats happens !!! hope this helps you out tomato… p.s. if you dont go and find out I will ! 😀

tomatohead
                            Participant

312 have you have any luck ??? …………..tomato

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.