68 Nova SS 375hp owner help.

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION 68 Nova SS 375hp owner help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    jason-68-l78

I just found this form and I am real excited. I have a rare 68 L78 Nova SS that I think was drag raced at DOVER. I have tracked the owners all the way back to Pleasant Valley NY in 1978 and the original motor was long gone. You see this was the first year for the new body style and they only put the BB in 901 car’s in 68. They were a limited production run at the end of the model year. These cars were built from April to July of 68. I feel they would of been the talk of the drag strip. I think my car may have been sold from Louis Smith Chevrolet in Highland NY. I still have the old leather key chain that was in the car when I bought it. I am looking for any information you might know about my car. It is fully restored with a date coded L78 driveline. The car is Sequoia Green with a black vinyl top and gold bucket seat interior. My cell phone number is 518-301-1486 and my e-mail is halejason@msn.com. If you know anyone that might know any history on my car please ask and respond or call me. I will post photo’s later on tonight of the car. In 1978 it had no lettering on the car but was in an accident before this time frame. The passenger side quarter was already replaced according to the owner in 1978.

Thanks Jason

jason-68-l78

Some pictures to toggle your memory hopefully.

Attachments:

jason-68-l78

The car might of had stock steel wheel’s with the poverty style hub caps. I put the rally wheels on it ,I like the look!

Jason

jason-68-l78

Any new member’s remember my car from back in the day. Maybe from street racing??????

Jason

dino
                    Keymaster

Got to go back further…the guys in Pleasant Valley ? who’d THEY get it from ???

bossguy

Can you print the Pleasant Valley guys name? I worked there from 1980 to 2003. Or try gaspumpchas he knows everyone in PV.

jason-68-l78

The owner I know of bought the car from a guy around 1978 I don’t know his name just the location. So all I have to go buy is someones memory of the car. In 1978 it wasn’t lettered up like a drag car,and it was still the stock color just missing the l78 motor. I am asuming it might of made a couple of run’s at Dover. Or might have been street raced around the Poughkeepsie area. I heard this was very popular back in the day! Very few 1968 L78 nova’s were built only 617. If anyone has a name or lead’s feel free to give me a call on my cell phone 518-301-1486.

Jason

jason-68-l78

bump bump Anyone? My car might have been sold from mid hudson chevrolet?

jason-68-l78

Bump just came across a letter from General motors to the NHRA. Thought I would share.

Jason

jason-68-l78

Ok everyone I just talked to the last owner I know of that bought the car from a women in 1978-79 time frame he was 15 and it was his first car. He said he thinks he bought the car around the Pleasant Valley Red Hook area? He said he remembers asking her why she was selling the car and she said she bought the car because it was in-expensive but she couldn’t afford to drive it. LOL! He said the car had Leabanon Valley stickers on the back windows. The car was not all lettered up? It was a complete car in stock form. So does anyone know the name of the track photographer from 1968-1970 at Leabanon Valley? Maybe I can find some old photo’s?

Jason

dino
                                            Keymaster

Forum Member JimKnight is THE current Lebanon Photog AND has all the contacts to track that down.

jason-68-l78

Thanks Dino I knew I seen him on the site that is what I was looking for.

Jason

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.