69 Boss 429 delivered at Larsen Ford

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? 69 Boss 429 delivered at Larsen Ford

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bossguy

A link to e-bay motors showing delivery photos at Larsen. I don’t know if thats Bill Kolb or John Sachs delivering it.
        [urlhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-BOSS-429-BOSS-429-ORIGINAL-FAMILY-OWNED_W0QQitemZ170350748597QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item27a9b223b5&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318][/url]

john-sachs-sr
        Participant
            quote bossguy:

A link to e-bay motors showing delivery photos at Larsen. I don’t know if thats Bill Kolb or John Sachs delivering it.
            [urlhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-BOSS-429-BOSS-429-ORIGINAL-FAMILY-OWNED_W0QQitemZ170350748597QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item27a9b223b5&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318][/url]

Don’t know who those people are.Not Kolb.Not me. 😕
            John

tomatohead
            Participant

Hey Jack ❗ cool find …………….just think …$56,000.00 and the reserve isnt met ………………………………………………………………………………………………. and I love the part about it “might have been drag raced” by Larsen Ford and then sold ………a different engine and traction bars….. ❓ it was drag raced by someone 😆 😀 ❗ ❗ ❗

Attachments:

strangebrew1966

I WORKED AT LARSEN FORD AT THE TIME THAT BOSS 429 CAME IN AND I DONT’T KNOW THOSE PEOPLE EITHER. PROBABLY THE PERSON WHO PURCHASED IT.THAT IS DEFINITELY IN FRONT OF DEALERSHIP. MY NAME IS JOE AMODEO AND IF JOHN
                    SACHS SEES THIS HEY MAN I WORKED WITH YOU WHEN YOU WERE JUST A MECHANIC.I HAD THE 1966 GREEN MUSTANG “STRANGEBREW”.I LOVED YOUR ANGLIA EVEN THOUGH IT HAD A RAT MOTOR.
                    JOE AMODEO

john-sachs-sr
                    Participant
                        quote STRANGEBREW1966:

I WORKED AT LARSEN FORD AT THE TIME THAT BOSS 429 CAME IN AND I DONT’T KNOW THOSE PEOPLE EITHER. PROBABLY THE PERSON WHO PURCHASED IT.THAT IS DEFINITELY IN FRONT OF DEALERSHIP. MY NAME IS JOE AMODEO AND IF JOHN
                        SACHS SEES THIS HEY MAN I WORKED WITH YOU WHEN YOU WERE JUST A MECHANIC.I HAD THE 1966 GREEN MUSTANG “STRANGEBREW”.I LOVED YOUR ANGLIA EVEN THOUGH IT HAD A RAT MOTOR.
                        JOE AMODEO

I remember you Joe.
                        I also see Bill Trifari at the dragstrip occasionally.He and his daughter are racing motorcycles. 😉
                        John

FWIW,I’m still “just a mechanic”. 😮

bossguy

Joe, I remember your car. In 69 I worked at George Cook Ford in N.Tarrytown and I was usually at Larsen at least once a day to pick up something from Greg or Charlie La Farge. My Boss 302 came from Larsen in July, 69. I purchased it about 1972 when I worked at Manor L-M on Old Post Rd. My friends the Rickmans worked at White Plains Dodge. I believe your Dad was a runner for Larsen also? I remember talking to him a lot. Maybe he brokered the deal for my 850 Holley or the pro stock Boss 429 scoop that I think I traded you for. Jack Karl

strangebrew1966

HEY JOHN NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU.I CAN’T BELIEVE BILLY TRIFARI IS STILL RACING.WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO LARRY DEVITO AND THAT 66 FORD FAIRLANE “TOO FAR GONE”?YOU STILL RACING ANYTHING?
                                JOE AMODEO

strangebrew1966

HEY BOSSGUY DO YOU STILL HAVE THAT BOSS 302.MY BROTHER STILL HAS HIS 1970 BOSS 302 WITH 29,000 MILES.JUST DID SOME ENGINE WORK.HE WILL NOT PART WITH THAT CAR.(I’VE TRIED).HIS SON IS RACING A 2008 BULLIT MUSTANG AT RACEWAY PARK IN ENGLISHTOWN,NJ.MY BROTHER HAS A PRO STOCK HOOD THAT HE HAS SINCE LONG AGO WHEN HE HAD A TUNNELRAM ON THAT BOSS 302.MAYBE THAT WAS YOURS.IT’S STILL IN HIS GARAGE.I’M LOOKING FOR PICTURES OF MY CAR AT DOVER.I HAVE HAD NO LUCK.I ONLY HAVE A FEW OF MY OWN.

bossguy

Hi Joe, I see you live in La Grange, I used to live off Titusville Rd. I’m in Hyde Park now. I’m not racing, I helped my son restore a 70 Ranchero Gt. He lives near Daytona Beach. Yes I still have the Boss, 31,000 miles. My brother has a 69 Boss 429 that came from Shultz Ford. A former neighbor still has his black 69 Boss 429 that came from Smith Cairns. Jack

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.