A Bunch of the the Boys Were Whooping it up !

Forums Forums HISTORICAL DOVER PHOTO GALLERY A Bunch of the the Boys Were Whooping it up !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

This one from BobbY S.—Check out this Round Line-up…Speed Freak, Macey’s Led. Zep., Kandid Kamaro-Wild Willy H., and looks like New Yorker Chevy II…look at the crowd! Dover’s Hay-Day !

Attachments:

hvy70ss
        Participant

Dino,
            One thing I learned (or forgot) from the website pics is Dover REALLY drew a crowd. Especially from ’70 on up it always looked packed. Today at any NED 1 race spectators have a whole stand to themselves….really pathetic.
            I guess 9 second stockers and 8 second Superstockers on the bumper don’t interest many. I’m always there though…If your not on TV I guess your not a dragracer??? Long live sportsman racing and the “little guy”!!

Bob Smith

lilly57

IS THAT LED ZEPPLIN TO THE LEFT IN THIS PHOTO? SECOND IN LINE.

dino
                Keymaster

YEP …and I just found this in “the Vault”…(ODFPremium Members Photo Gallery)

Attachments:

vbob
                    Participant

HEY

What is the goods on Catankerous A/MP??
                        Whowhatwhere,all that unknow stuff.
                        Always liked that car !!

‘V’

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Frank Lupo -Fairbanks Transmission

vbob
                            Participant

HEY

Still walking ??
                                ‘V’

dino
                                Keymaster

Dynamic Transmision-maryland I think…Masiello will know

patina
                                    Participant

Frank Lupo is the owner of Dynamic transmission. He was partnered with John Gunn last year running a late 80’s Camaro in SS and John set the record in Canada in SS/IA (class ?). John still has his 62 corvette that he ran at Dover, I’m trying to get him to take it out to the Oct 18 race. John has also done the machine work and balancing on the MG motor.

Pat

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY

Pat,thanks for the update ,that was one honkin A/MP !!
                                            If you can, see if they have pics of DDS cars!!
                                            Sounds like they have’nt lost their touch !!
                                            That would be great if they would make the DDS race !
                                            Thanks again for the update!!

‘V’

dino
                                            Keymaster

If I’m not mistaken…their car that preceded it was a coupe…”Obsession” that one day ,Blew the trany and completely covered the interior with automatic Trans. fluid…looked weird dripping down the inside of the tinted plexi windows .

dino
                                                Keymaster

THe Boys Whooping it up all right ..These shots all getting into the seventies…Maybe Storm King OR MR Macey himself can fill us in on the Mopar stuff.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.