A/FX GUYS…Whose Car Is This ???

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION A/FX GUYS…Whose Car Is This ???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Ok… got Kathy V.s total Collection up In ODF GALLERY NOW.(251 😯 )
        FOUND THIS Cool A/FX…looks like somebodys Name on rear quarters and Champion Auto engineering on the Doors …any idea …first time i’ve seen this in any photos on the Site.

Attachments:

storm-king

Donno, but its a ’63 dodge with a ’65 nose on it.

anonymous

That is what we had, looks just like it? But our rear wheels almost touched the door. We also had a pair of cragers on the rear before it was sold. Hmm

Andy

Attachments:

anonymous

I have tryed everything in my graphics program to read the rear quarters …think it says Dodge Charger ??? of someones Name. Think Laganas should know…. gotta get ahold of “Jr” Lagana and find out

vindicator
                    Participant

😀 😀 😀 HEY GUYS…ANDY..I BELIEVE THAT CAR WAS…THE “PLAIN BUSTED” CAR…DONNIE COLLANDRO…USED TO BE VERY FRIENDLY WITH BOBBY LAGANA @ CHAMPION AUTO ENGINEERING (WHEN BOBBY HAD THE SHOP IN EASTCHESTER)…OWNED IT…ALSO DONNIE IS RELATED TO JOHN…WHO HAD THE ORIGINAL “BRANDED” MATCH-RACE CHEVELLE (SOLD IT TO RICHIE MARCEY)…DONNIE HAS A TRUCK/DIESEL REPAIR SHOP IN LAGRANGE,NY…AND LAST I KNEW…(IT’S AWHILE AGO NOW) HAD A PRO MODIFIED/TOP SPORTSMAN “LIKE” MUSTANG…LAST TIME I “SAW” IT…IT HAD BEEN DAMAGED IN A ACCIDENT @ LEBANON VALLEY…MAYBE 4-5 YEARS AGO…BUT DRIVER ( I THINK WAS DONNIE) WAS A-OK… 🙂 🙂 🙂 DRAKE

anonymous

Hi Drake,

I remember a guy from Eastchester bought the car, but not his name and I think someone else bought the nitro engine. The only thing that throws me is the rear wheels. Not close enough to the rear of door. Unless it is the angle of te photo?

Andy Panessa

viz
                            Participant
                                quote :

DONNIE IS RELATED TO JOHN…WHO HAD THE ORIGINAL “BRANDED” MATCH-RACE CHEVELLE (SOLD IT TO RICHIE MARCEY

Didn’t Vic Ferris originally run the “Branded” Chevelle before he built the Chevy II ?

Viz

dino
                                Keymaster

Thats the name on the quarter! -Donny Colandro…fits the letter proportions…need some clarification from some Champion Auto guys

anonymous

That has to be Plain Busted. I guess the angle of the photo dosen’t show the wheelwheel to door. Here is a photo of the car at Dover with the cragers on it.

Andy

Attachments:

dino
                                        Keymaster

Just e-mailed Bobby Lagana Jr. to try to get Dad to fill us in on this and other Lagana-Champ.Auto Eng. Info.

vindicator
                                            Participant

😀 😀 😀 HEY DINO…MAYBE YOU COULD CHECK WITH BOBBY LAREGINA…WHEN HE WAS DOING CHASSIS/RACE CAR WORK PART-TIME (I THINK HE WORKED A “DAY” JOB @ VINCE BYRNE CHEVROLET,MT. KISCO,NY)…SEEM TO REMEMBER ( I COULD BE WRONG FOR SURE)…HE DID SOME CHASSIS WORK ON OUR FALCON…AND I “MET”…JOHN COLANDRO…WHO TOLD ME HE OWNED “BRANDED” CHEVELLE.. (MAYBE WAS ONE OF THE OWNERS?? WITH VIC FERRIS??) HOPEFULLY…THE LIL’ ‘OL WHINEMAKER’S A BIT LESS “FUZZY” ON THIS THAN I!!!…I KNOW RICHIE MARCEY RACED THE CAR(“BRANDED”) IN A/G IN ’66…WE RAN AGAINST HIM SEVERAL TIMES WITH OUR A/G COMET…THEN SOLD RICHIE A ’66 427 FAIRLANE…WHICH HE RACED IN SUPER/STOCK… 😀 😀 😀 DRAKE P.S. I THINK DONNIE IS JOHN’S NEPHEW…

billy-casey

pretty sure Drake is very close … the collandro’s had a garage gas station in tuckahoe and they were very much involved with bobby lagana back then … when bobby had to move from eastchester he set up shop in that garage …
                                                    i’m pretty sure vic ferris was the 1st owner of the branded chevelle .. they were all pretty much involved together with those cars and also others.. Billy

anonymous

Ok, another one solved.

Just got off the phone with Donny Calandro’s wife. That was the old Plain Busted and she will pass on the website info to Donny in the morning. He should be checking in soon.

Andy Panessa

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Andy “gets his man” AGAIN …Senior Dover CSI investigater!…besides …it was driving him nuts.

charlie-irving

Vic Ferris was the original owner of Branded. I sent in some photos of it and they are under Historic Dover Photos. Not sure who he sold it to.

Charlie Irving

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.