A TRIBUTE TO BILLY CASEY

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION A TRIBUTE TO BILLY CASEY

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    frank-j-majauskas
    Participant

Today we remember our dear friend, Billy “SPEED” Casey. We lost Billy 7 years ago. Billy loved his
        family, friends and the sport of drag racing. He set many records over his racing career. His most
        notable car in the early years was his 57 Chevy that he ran in the E/GAS class. So to honor Billy, I
        wanted to build a diecast 57 Chevy model that would be a carbon copy of his original “SUPER PUMPKIN”.
        I got in touch with my buddy, Todd Powell (model building guru) and had him do his magic. It started with
        a Police car, a few other donor cars and parts and with Todd fabricating the parts that we couldn’t find.
        The Police car was gutted and stripped down to just a shell. The build was a complete change of the
        drivetrain and rear suspension. Interior replaced with bucket seats and 6 point roll bar. Tach and shifter
        added. Vent window was removed and new plexi installed. Extensive body work was done and a amazing
        fabrication of the hood scoop. Water slide decals were reproduced by Polecat Decals, Reading,PA. Wheelie
        bars added. Todd really hit this build out of the park ❗ I know that Billy would have loved this model….Billy,
        we miss you. We love you and we will never forget you ❗ “Thanks for the memories” ❗

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
        Participant

Billy’s tribute 57 Chevy.

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
            Participant

Billy’s tribute 57 Chevy…

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                Participant

Billy’s tribute 57 Chevy…

Attachments:

patina
                    Participant

That looks fantastic Frank. Really nice job.

Pat

hvy70ss
                        Participant

Absolutely beautiful Frank! Great tribute. Didn’t you have a model of his ’69 Camaro?

Bobby Smith

tomblake
                            Participant

Frank…..That’s really cool.

frank-j-majauskas
                                Participant

Thank you Bobby and Tom. Yeah Bobby, I did do a model of Billy’s 69 Camaro. These builds
                                    are my ideas, but It’s Todd that deserves the credit for making my ideas come true. He is an
                                    amazing model builder. Honestly, they would never happen without him ❗ 😛 Tom, how’s
                                    everything going with you ❓

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

babycakes
                                    Participant

Frank…..absolutely “BEAUTIFUL” !!!! What a ‘dedication’ to Billy ‘Speed’!!!! Thank you,for sharing! 😮 Pete.

tomblake
                                        Participant

Frank….things are going ok here, started a new car project. I said the Mustang was my last car till my wife found the 55 Chevy we made to look like the original gasser. This new project will be the last one, again. Mary and I are getting to the age where we need to stop crawling over roll bars and roll cages. The new project will be a lot more comfortable for cruising. You guys did a great job on the Casey tribute car and it looks like you have quite a collection.

dino
                                            Keymaster
                                                frank-j-majauskas
                                                Participant

I’m just bring this up for those who are not on Facebook. Dino is going to reprint
                                                    the Casey Engineering t=shirts. He’s waiting for a number of orders, so he can do a
                                                    whole bunch at one time. So contact him with your orders….ty…Frank… 😎

Attachments:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.