AL.8/24/1936 > 2/24/2006

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION AL.8/24/1936 > 2/24/2006

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    action-rat

Today is the 6’th anniversary in Heaven of Dover Drag Strips best loved starter..Al (The Ace Starter) Svarplaitis..Gone..Missed..Never Forgotten..RIP

babycakes
        Participant

Al is sadly missed.I was lucky enough a few times to talk to him at the Dover Reunions,at Danbury.I was introduced to his daughter Lisa,a few years back at one of the Dover Reunions.Just like Al,a ‘GREAT’ personality,just like her Dad! 😀

vbob
            Participant

HEY

Al’s on that great eternal starting line !!
                ‘V’

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Al was a Dover Icon….His Smile was his trademark and he Truley enjoyed his job…it was play for him.

Attachments:

rcgarren
                    Participant

I knew AL very well, not only at the track but I worked with him at kimberly clark in New Milford. Never a dull moment with AL around, his smile and laugh could pick you up no matter how tired or in a bad mood you were, 2 minutes with AL and you forgot everything BAD.All the times he lined me up at the starting line there was always a smile on AL”S face. Talk nabout a man that loved his job!. Miss you good friend.

vbob
                        Participant

HEY

Al and Charlie Boucher ! Al and Charlie Taner !!!
                            May they all rest in GODS peace! ‘V’

Attachments:

vindicator
                            Participant

😀 😀 😀 Just thinking of Al…automatically puts a smile…on everybodys’ face…a truly very “special” guy…in all segments of life…Al…was the “face” of Dover Dragstrip… as…Dino…was the “voice” (at least…in my “era”) 😀 😀 😀 Al used to “visit” us pretty much every week @ Carmel Ford (longtime “pal”/customer)…everybody enjoyed/looked forward to his “visits”…his “stories”…were endless…such a “hoot”…and only as…Al…could tell ’em…for hours…little did we “know” ‘eh…those would be…the “times”…of our lives 😀 😀 😀 Drake…ps…Charlie Boucher…one awesome racer…and a awesome guy…as well… 😀 😀 😀 Charlie Tanner…ever present genuine smile…a “disposition/personality”…we all…could only…hope to have…a very special “cat” for sure 😀 😀 :D…ps…Lisa… your dad…like Axl Rose sez/sang.. “one in a million babe”…’er…many millions…!!! 😀 😀 😀

don-kauer

No one better then Al…………….RIP 🙂

action-rat

Remembering “The Ace Starter” on his 76’th Birthday..Happy Birthday Al

dino
                                        Keymaster

The Smile…Always the smile 😉

babycakes
                                            Participant

Al,we miss you guy,BIG TIME! I’m sure you were looking down on us at the Dover 4,with that great smile.That ‘smile’ was reflected by your daughter Lisa at the meet,to carry on your ‘legendary’ image!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.