Al Hofman’s ’55 "Hang ’em High"

Forums Misc Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Al Hofman’s ’55 "Hang ’em High"

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    hvy70ss
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 458

While we are on the subject of famous 55 Chevys…..anybody got pics of Al Hofmans Hang ’em High 55? Post ’em if ya got ’em! Thanks.

Bob Smith

dino
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts: 11491

Have only recieved ONE photo of this car in the later stages with second lettering job added to my original after Al & I spent all day with “Spray cans” painting it green (really …(took 66 to do it ! )…Will dig out and post. We are hoping Wayne , His Son, who IS on the forum..has dug out all his Dad’s stuff from Florida…I’ll check on that .Wayne said he saved his First Dover trophy.

dino
    Keymaster

Here is what Brian (our Historian) dug up…not the greatest quaility…but Only one wev’e found so far.

Attachments:

dino
    Keymaster

Notice Chrondek Tree…Found this “newsletter” piece from ’73 ….What was Aug Meet about .?..That puts photo of Al at least …end of ’73 or ’74

Attachments:

hvy70ss
    Participant

Dino….Think I remember seeing a flyer for Aug. 25th. It was a funny car show with Billy Meyer and Don Schumacher along with a $$$ bracket event(????????) I saw it on the site somewhere.

Bob

hvy70ss
    Participant

This should be it!!

Bob Smith

Attachments:

dino
    Keymaster

Meyer didn’t show…think he was replaced by “Caveman’ Willy Borsch…on the teaser . Now …lets get some more” Hang-Em High” Info…think I’ll contact Wayne.

dino
    Keymaster

Have called and left messages and e-mailed around…still no Photos

masracingtd1167
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 554
    dino
    Keymaster

Cool Billy…Can you Grab a shot like This and put a little more light on it ? In the big Deal ..Thats My Lettering On The Vega Funny …Notice the Yellow 57…did it become Rat Poison?…..wheres the 55 ?

Attachments:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.