AL OAKES Dover Regular

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? AL OAKES Dover Regular

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    mleroux
    Participant

Hi Frank , ya the 39 had the 409 in it when we went to the Valley , the 39 had the 409 in it when I started working at Loehmann’s after high school in 1966 , and if I had the money to buy it I would have driven it to Colorado with the 409 in it , it was May of 1969 when I came back from a year in south east asia and Al took me to the Valley , by the way that was 2 firsts for me , first time to the Valley and first time on a race team , I had been to Dover and Connecticut dragways as a spectator in the past ,,, mike L. ,,,

babycakes
        Participant

We lost a ‘Dover’ legend, Al Oakes! He had great mechanical skills,and a tough driver to beat,back in the day,and will be sadly missed! As mentioned, his memory was always as sharp as a tack, right to the end,and a dedicated life time drag fan! May he ‘rest in peace’! 🙁 Pete.

john-sachs-sr
            Participant
                quote Babycakes:

We lost a ‘Dover’ legend, Al Oakes! He had great mechanical skills,and a tough driver to beat,back in the day,and will be sadly missed! As mentioned, his memory was always as sharp as a tack, right to the end,and a dedicated life time drag fan! May he ‘rest in peace’! 🙁 Pete.

RIP my friend. 🙁
                John

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.