ALLEY OOP,& Other Altereds discussed

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR ALLEY OOP,& Other Altereds discussed

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bobby-s

Dino
        was wondering if this is the ALLY OOP
        of dover days, I do not have any info on it
        the racers did not fill a bio card out for me
        to put in our NETO racers tower book,
        these pictures are from ’05 at e-town nostalgia race.
        I think they were in NETO again in ’07
        but again no info from them.

bobby s.

Attachments:

maso
        Participant

Now…

That’s a REAL Altered… not just a funny car with a plastic Bantam or Fiat body.

Has anybody here ever seen the “Winged Express” in action…? I did. Out at the Bakersfield Hot Rod Reunion in 2004 ( That’s before they wreacked it…! )

That was worth the price of admission right there…!

I took this picture of it…

billy-casey

I really think those who drove the fuel alters were sick people 😈 I remember Willie Borch at Dover ,he went off and on the track at least 2 times and never lifted, it was something to see … Billy

dino
                Keymaster

Back to subject …Bobby : Alley Oop was the OLD Danbury Modifiers rail that Bob Swanson is restoring now. SEE HIS post about it at OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR were he said he was bringing it to reunion, BUT the Tow vehical broke down we found out. AND see the car running in 1961 at the History page NEW gallery of photos we got from him . The name was lettered on the back of the seat so you can’t see it, cause don’t have any rear shots (yet) ….when in doubt search the site first by typing in what it is in the Search Box at top right of all pages and then hit the Enter Key on your keyboard………got to spell it right too.

hearse-bill

This car was owned by Scott Cave in Ct street rods….thats Dick and Bill Coleman (ME), Ron Sangiavanni (Flat head Guru) Pete Bozo And Rons son Ron running it at Englishtown…..I drove this car….it was wild to say the least…car is now all apart and a front engine dragster is being built with the drive train…..I am working on buying the rest for yet another toy….

vbob
                        Participant

Hey
                            Billy,
                            Gotta get George and Eric to bring the 40 Willys and Dickey Doyle get the Blown Hearse out if this Dover Drag Strip race at Island gets a date!!
                            Hope all is well with you.
                            ‘V’ Bob

toolmantim

I was there to see Willy that day and remember it well,that car was about the coolest thing i’ve ever seen.Saw first hand why he had the name (one handed Willy).

storm-king

I saw Mike Boyd and the ‘Express at Bowling Green this summer, there simply is no other car out there that is as exciting as that one.
                                    And Mousey is a sweetheart…

maso
                                    Participant
                                        quote storm king:

I saw Mike Boyd and the ‘Express at Bowling Green this summer, there simply is no other car out there that is as exciting as that one.
                                        And Mousey is a sweetheart…

They must have repaird it after the crash out at the patch.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.