…and yet another NY’r

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls …and yet another NY’r

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    bronx-chariots

hey all, a bunch of you guys seem to remember my pops car. 53 MG w/ a 327 in it. Car was a regular on the Bronx streets and at Dover back in the day. He also built alot of cars that ran around back then ( Del Sole is the name). Just thought i would say hi and let you know he still has his Chariots jacket in the closet and im gonna make up some new shirts and stuff soon. I am going through all of the pictures he accumulated between his shop and the tracks he ran on. As soon as i have everything together i will get it to the ppl. in charge, so they can share it with the rest of you guys. The MG is still around although it has gone through some changes (5.13’s, a hydrostick, and 13-1 comp. was a bitch with todays gas)
        so its been upgraded a bit, but it will be back on the streets in just a couple weeks. Ill get some pics up asap. I told him about the site and he was real happy about gettin back in touch with alot of guys he hasnt seen in a long while.

dino
        Keymaster

Is this it ?..Had this in the” Files” ..forgot who sent it-Duh

Attachments:

bronx-chariots

believe it or not, that was another one, and there was yet another called the US Mule I believe. I dont know if the others saw as much action on the street as my dads did, but he remembers that car in the pic though.

maso
                Participant
                    quote Bronx_Chariots:

believe it or not, that was another one, and there was yet another called the US Mule I believe. …

Click here–> http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=136

😉

dino
                    Keymaster

Chariot-Man…check out CAR CLUB ROLLCALL…have your Dad ID the guy in the Picture and maybe give us some history…Problem with photos?…just E-mail em to us ..we can scan And post

patina
                        Participant

Dino the nitro fumes are getting to you! I sent that to you awhile ago with two other pictures. Let me refresh your memory. I was 12 years old and hanging out at the garage in Queens where Willie Feyh worked, Dave Daly was the owner and driver of the car, and I would wax it, polish the americans, drain the water after each run and got to steer it back the return road at the tracks after each run. I wish I had some pictures of that. I am restoring the car now (I own it now) and it was at the reunion about 10 years ago when I first got it. I can’t remember but who it was but I got a picture of the MG racing Charlie Bouchers C/A at Dover. My greatest desire would be to recreate that photo at the Valley someday, I know that the C/A is already restored so it’s up to me. While we are on that subject I really think that the Dover reunion should be at Lebenon Valley with all the old drag cars that can be found. You can invite the ones that raced if we can locate them. Involve NEATO too.

Pat

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

Nitro-fume flash-back is right ! Reunion Move up the the Promoters -Smokey & Grover…there business permits for Ct. only … My Idea …HAVE IT AT THE TRACK with new owners permission .geographically correct ,like the old days to get to.. Racing at Lebanon ? too much money to Book -insurance – redtape. BUT the recreation would be awesome !

capricewagonss
                                Participant

was your dads name bob?did he have a shop on tremont ave inthe bronx,across from saunders buick? 😐

bronx-chariots

yup, back when it was saunders, went through about 15 different ones since then, but same Bob

dino
                                        Keymaster

Chariot-man ….Is THIS it …found in new ODF Gallerys

Attachments:

capricewagonss
                                            Participant

i worked at saunders and a friend of mine,did too.he had a 57 pontiac,with one of your dads trannys.his name was vinnie sidoti.i had a 56 belair.great times.

john-sachs-sr
                                                Participant

Bronx-C.,
                                                    Say hello to your dad for me,and ask him about the time we were getting the MG ready,in the basement shop of the apt.house to go to the Indy Natl’s.A last minute deal to say the least.After nailing a trailer from Fitsimmons down the street :mrgreen: we finally made it out there.
                                                    Hope all is well,regards,
                                                    John

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.