ANOTHER DOVER RELATED ITEM GONE,

Forums Forums BENCH RACING FROM THE PAST ANOTHER DOVER RELATED ITEM GONE,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bobby-s

Adams diner is going, there will be a Mobil gas station & a DD (duncan doughnut) there, the diner is said to have been sold and will be relocated some where in CT. Took picture today heading north for the day.

Attachments:

don-kauer

The last time I was in there was with Casey just a year before we lost him 😥

dino
            Keymaster

Its Got a dover Decal on the door…I put it there

rcgarren
                Participant

IF MY MEMMORY IS CORRECT ???. THE DINNER CAME FROM NEW MILFORD IN THE LATE 60’S. THERE WAS A OLD STYLE DINNER THAT DIN’T WANT COMPITION SO IT PURCHASED THE DINNER AND SOLD IT WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT IT BE MOVED AT LEAST 5 MILES OUT OF TOWN. THAT’S HOW IT ENDED UP IN WINGDALE AND NOW YOU SAY IT’S COMMING BACK TO CT, GO FIGURE.

super-sport-pete

my wife and I had fish and chips there on good Friday, real good. day after xmas had a nice hot bowl of stew there after my “sentimental journey” to dover dragstrip. after wg1320 posted the starting line pics, I had to figure out where it was using the houses for reference. WOW! it is still hard to believe that all that action took place on this butchered piece of land. has anyone else been there this year? there were not any school buses parked on the site or in the garages. was the land sold?

dino
                        Keymaster

Went by there in March going to Als…Its Gone and new Station under construction….need a shot of the old girl in it’s new location.. see if it still has the Dover decal ,I put on the front door?

babycakes
                            Participant

A ‘good’ memory from that diner. Back in ’67’ the owner of a 60 Vette BM/SP that my partner Bill built in ’65’, ( when I was in Nam) and drove, decided to buy us a take out breakfast from near by the track. About a 1/2 hour later, he came back with our breakfast! The diner didn’t have any take out cartons, or plastic forks or knifes at that time,S0000oooo, what did Jimmy do??? He bought the diners china plates, and silverware from them, so we could have a ‘hearty’ breakfast!!! To this day, Bill and I still remember,and laugh about the ‘plush’ take out breakfast we had at Dover, back then!!!

frank-j-majauskas
                                Participant

Pete, What a great story that will stay in the “Memory Bank” forever ❗ 😛
                                    Your buddy Jimmy was a class act ❗ 😆 Imagine, China dishes and silver
                                    ware at Dover ❗ 😆 😆

Frank… 😎

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.