Any model builders out there?

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Any model builders out there?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    34gasser-65awb

Any other glue-sniffers still out there? Always looking to catch up with other modelers!

patina
        Participant

Yes but I haven’t touched them in years, but my brother is building a 1/8 scale model of Eddie Sanzo’s A/GS Willys P/U.

Pat

34gasser-65awb

Cool! That is going to be a TON of work since basically none of the needed parts are available in 1/8 scale! I’d appreciate it if you keep me posted, thru this forum or privately.

big-papa

i build models! but not not like you’re thinking. figured i’d jump on this subject while there’s actually something I have in common. :). The models I build are of buildings and towns. no scaling, just eyeballing. I make them for a game I play, Dungeons and Dragons. I carve them out of Styrofoam block, then putty, and paint. not the greatest work in the world, and not nearly to the extent of your work (saw your website, nice stuff), but it’s still fun to do.

storm-king-2

I Started building models in grade school. Mostly aircraft at first, then cars as I got clser to being old enough to drive. I built a JoHan 63 Dodge 426 Ramcharger right around the time I started racing my mothers 59 Dodge, in 63. Coincidentally it was painted turquoise, the color of my first car, a 64 Dodge Ramcharger. I still have the model, wish I still had the real one. Built several JoHan kits in 64 & 65 and gave them to the guys that owned the real ones.
                        After I sold my last drag car in 74, I got back into aircraft. Have couple of unfinished cars that I would like to finish while I can still see the ends of my fingers.

Bill

storm-king-2

Is it ok to post model pic’s on here? I’ll run out some of the old stuff I’ve been hoarding for years.

Bill

dino
                            Keymaster

This seemed to be the logical place to put this ….I got some models Too ! got to find the photos…Did ‘Mock-ups’ for Nascar Sponsor Paint scheme designs…nobdy else ever did …too much work…never caught on.

billy-casey

I started model cars around 1956 , my favorite were the AMT collection . I had quite a few ,probably all got thrown out when Igot married in 68 . I think Maso also did AMT models… 😛

dino
                                    Keymaster

Yeah…AMT were Cool..could build 3 ways and they had this tube of Bondo stuff (plastic wood) that you could “try” to do custom body work with.Any body Remember the Revell “component Bags” …Motors and stuff, to bulid your own combinations , like dragster chassis and bodys and stuff?

storm-king-2

I still have the Allison engine from the revell kits. I have also seen them in a hobby shop, probably in Oklahoma, within the last year. Also have a couple of Uhlrich Mini Men
                                            that you can position the arms, legs,head wherever you want.

Bill

dino
                                            Keymaster

You still like to play with little boys ? just kidding . hey -Took a Revell Dragmster Chassis, lenthened the rear bars with round tooth picks to hold up a chopped down AMT ’32 roadster body And MADE a Comp car -driver sat in middle of body with a cover I made from card board ala Tony Nancy…wheel coutouts where doors would have been. not bad for 14 .

dragalley
                                                    vbob
                                                    Participant

Hey
                                                        WOW I thought I was look at real FED’s!!!
                                                        Nice job!!
                                                        I had a hard time getting past the scent of that glue !!
                                                        AHHHH !!
                                                        Get hold of Vince, he’s on here!!! he’s an ole glue sniffer from way back !!
                                                        He does door cars , gassers his specialty !!
                                                        ‘V’

dragalley
                                                            maso
                                                            Participant

😯

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.