Anybody Seen Bill McGarry ?

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Anybody Seen Bill McGarry ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Bill ran a ’55 FORD for a while “The Six-Pack”. Last lived in Hopewll Junction, that I can remember. Helped out at Dover as Track Crew. Good mechanic…started at Dolickers Garage in Katonah.N.Y. Later employed at Carmel Ford (Richie Shott had a stint there too). remembered he street drove a teal ’65 Ford 390. Now his ” Six-pack” Ford is not to be confused with Dick Simco’s “Six-Pack ” Chevy. Come to think of it ,wheres He ? Talkin’ about Sixes…. theres “the Six-Fiend” too. Pat Henneberry -Right? Ok How ‘Bout the Six of Matty Winspur- ’54 Hudson Hornet Q/S. Matty’s Speed Shop …..got a lot of Flashback’s here. HELP!

bobby-s

Dino, can not help with info on Bill but Pat Hennebery
            is doing well, he has his original camaro together as it was in M/P class and racing with us in NETO,
            I put his picture on the site some time ago when he was at Lebanon Valley for the first time last season (’07). He is having a ball enjoyibg the “OLD TIME” racing. NETO will be at Lebanon Valley this sunday (28th) for NETO’s annual John Parks Memorial race. Pat plans to be there with about 30+ NETO racers.
            There is also a street rod show & drags there also.

Bobby Schlegel

vindicator
            Participant

😆 😆 😆 HEY “SUPERSLUETH” ANDY…BILLY MCGARRY PROBABLY 65-70 NOW…HE WORKED WITH US FOR 7-8 YEARS…AS DID OL’ RH (RICHIE SHOTT)…TWO GOOD “DUDES”…GOT BILLY IN “TROUBLE” AT LEAST A FEW TIMES WITH HIS X-WIFE JEANNE…SHE DIDN’T REALLY “CARE” FOR THE FUNNY CAR DEAL & THOSE LONG WEEKENDS DOWN SOUTH…RUNNING FRIDAY-SATURDAY-SUNDAY…PLUS A DAY OR TWO OF TRAVEL…AT THE TIME HE HAD SMALL CHILDREN…SO HIS “TRAVELIN” DAYS DIDN’T LAST TOO LONG…HE LATER TOOK A “JOB” WITH JOE T @ DOVER…FOR SOME YEARS…LOST TOUCH…DRAKE 😀 😀 😀 p.s. DID I MENTION…THAT BILLY…AND FOR SURE RICHIE COULD “TURN A WRENCH” ???!!!…THEY WERE GOOD… REAL… “GOOD”…AND THAT’S A UNDERSTATEMENT!!!

dino
                Keymaster

Drake says this is Bill in “Starters booth ” in this old Promo Post card. Really hard to see but Drake says thats him. forgot about this car….Drake musta had about 6 or so …You can see at least 4 differant ones in big ODF members Photo Gallery…Red, Blue, Suade(yeah ,it was fuzzy!), white and the Falcon.

Attachments:

anonymous

Hi Guys,

The reason why I ask age is to help narrow down the search. A name of a wife is also a bif help. The only Billy McGarry I see from Hopwell Junction is only 47. Maybe a so. He now lives at:
                        950 Wimberley Rd. # NR
                        Southport, NC 28461

Let me know
                        Andy

vindicator
                        Participant

HEY ANDY…DINO…THAT’S MOST PROBABLY…BILLY SR.’S SON…HIS MOM WAS JEANNE..THEY DID MARRY YOUNG AND HAVE KIDS’ YOUNG TOO…YO’ BABY…WHEN YA’ THINK THE “KIDZ” COULD BE MID-FORTIES…SORTA’ LIKE WHEN I SEE ANTHONY TERENZIO….SEEMS LIKE “YESTERDAY”(I WAS 16-17)… AND HE WUZ’ TOO YOUNG TO DRIVE!!! HE WENT ON TO HAVE A MIGHTY GOOD DRIVING CAREER…AND CURRENTLY IS ONE OF THE DA’ BEST ALCOHOL “CREW CHIEFS” ON THE PLANET….BROS. GENE & VICTOR…AIN’T TOO SHABBY IN THE SUCCESS DEPARTMENT EITHER!!!…HEY “GEEZERVILLE” STRUCK FOR A MOMENT OR…TWO…LET’S GET BACK TO FINDIN’ BILLY…HE WAS A REAL HARD WORKIN’ “DUDE”…AND I’M SURE MIGHT HAVE A “STORY” OR TWO TO ADD TO THE SITE…DINO…YOU’LL 😆 😆 😆 HAVE TO “REMIND” HIM THAT CONTENT OF SUCH…GOTTA’ BE PG OR MAYBE PG17…. THAT’LL FOR SURE “SAVE” ME FROM BEING PART OF ANY “TALES”…SO HEY… YOU’RE ALMOST “IN THE LIGHTS”…KEEP THE HAMMER DOWN…JUST DRIVE IT OUT THE “BACK DOOR” AND “FIND” BILLY!!! 😀 😀 😀 DRAKE

dino
                            Keymaster

No luck with Phone # search….Mailing him a letter…. only about a hour and a half from me ! even tryed 911 phone search –jeesh! we’ll do it

anonymous

Hi Guys,

That looks like the sons address to me after taken a closer look. The is in his wifes maiden name, Simonetti and it could be his mother that moved down that way from Hopewell Jct, NY some time ago. Her name now is Jean Marguerite Thew. You didn’t find the telepone because it’s non pub in the wife maiden name. If I call them, they might get mad at us. Hopefully they will answer your letter.

Andy

dino
                                    Keymaster

Andy’s sharp !!!can find UNLISTED numbers, BUT thankfully as he stated ,IS RESPECTFUL of the persons privacy . Ok I’ll send a letter . Best way ….but the “DOVER CSI” is getting real good at this stuff. Brian’s on the Matty Winspur case…tracking him down in Florida.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.