Anybody who knows this Classwinner ’71/’72

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Anybody who knows this Classwinner ’71/’72

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Julian Kurz
    Participant

Hey Guys, I need your help!

Last year I purchased a ’47 Stylemaster Coupe from a guy named Gary Barna. He Is located in Newton CT.
        I bought the car with all the good parts stored inside for shipping.

This is what I know about it….

– sold by Gary Wheeler? (Hamton VA) on nov. ’69 to Eduard H Pressmar (Newton CT)
        – color when manufactured – dark green
        – color when sold – gray
        – color now – black primer
        – killsticker on window 3 x 1971 / 3 x 1972
        – timeslips and title see pictures

now the BIG question…..did anybody know or remember this car?

I would really love to see a picture of this car in the ’70s.

Thanks for you help

best regards

Attachments:

4speed

patina
        Participant

You have a good start and a lot of documentation, you should get a hit, your in the right place. Be patient.

Pat

vbob
            Participant

HEY

Whos this Edward Presmar in Newton, Ct. Anybody know him .is he still with us?? Gary Barna ,same town!
                Whats he know?
                What car is this C/A ??
                Brian, check the files!

‘V’

Attachments:

patina
                Participant

I always thought that C/A was Lagana’s car the one with the battery on trunk. In any case it’s a Plymouth.

Pat

Julian Kurz
                    Participant
                        Julian Kurz
                        Participant

Hey ODF’s,

sorry for the long break. I’m still going to get the Car together.
                            Now I got allmost all parts to complete it.

I’m still looking for informations or Pictures….so If you know someone who knows someone…..please let me know.

best regards Julian

4speed

dino
                            Keymaster

4speed…your profile says Location: Germany??? still there ? or was this a joke…can’t figure where /when

vbob
                                Participant

HEY

He sure liked lane 2 !!!!!!

‘V’

Julian Kurz
                                    Participant

This is not a Joke!

I’m still here in Germany and working on this Car to get in back on the track!
                                        The only time to work in the garage is from January to April. The rest of the year I have to make the Money for the Car 😆

But believe me, I take this serious! I wan’t to drive it next August. I don’t care how it may look, but I drive it! 🙂

I send a PM to the “Track Historian” Dover1320. Maybe he can get me some information.

I wondered if there is any Paperwork about the Winners. The Car was a 6 time Classwinner and nobody knows it…
                                        When the ODF’s are interested, I’ll ad some Pictures of the build in the next month.

4speed

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY

Thanks for the reply!
                                            Nahhh, never any paperwork on class winners.Ya ran for throphy got your sticker and trophy and went home!
                                            Only time I’ve seen about class winners isn in the weekly drag racing newspaper that was out!
                                            1320, Eastern Drag News, Drag Times and another. There are copies a on Ebay a lot and guys have ’em its just finding the year week etc. !
                                            Ill look through some of mine!

Post any pics ya can take and post .we are all hungry for Dover drag Strip cars!!!!

‘V’
                                            You should get with the current owner of The Super Pumpkin and rattle his cage he’s on the same side of the pond as you are!!!

Julian Kurz
                                            Participant

You know that in Germany we write down everything 😆

4speed

Julian Kurz
                                                Participant

Hey ODF’s, I’m still allive…..

The Car is still under construction! Tomorrow we gonna throw the wiriring in…
                                                    The Engine is together and sitting in place. All lines are connected, so we gonna fire it up in the next days.
                                                    I post some pictures and a video from starting the engine when it’s done. Wish me luck 😛

4speed

mikey

Are you the one that would like to put an M&M emblem or sticker on your car?? If so, we(Rich and I) would think it was very cool. You have our permission to go forward with your plan. If you PM Dino, he might be able to hook you up with some big stickers, or some small ones so you could copy them in paint or vinyl. ………….Mikey :mrgreen:

Attachments:

Julian Kurz
                                                        Participant

Hey Mikey…

Yes, you’re right! Thank you that you let me do this. I think the M&M logo’s will help to give the car an original and period perfect look that it deserve!
                                                            I have the Timeslips with the Logo on the backside so I can copy them.

I want to make the car Race ready till August so I can take part on a pre ’58 Drag Race in the near.
                                                            When it’s all together and in working condition I want to pain it and do the letterng!

I gonna post some Pictures in the next days….

4speed

Julian Kurz
                                                            Participant

I think Mikey got the best “Garage-Buddy”!!!
                                                                She looks pretty cute, knows how to use a wrench and won’t drink your Beer! 😆

4speed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.