Anyone recognize this car

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Anyone recognize this car

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jackman
    Participant

Anyone recognize this car, I bought it from a body shop in Wallkill New York in 1980, it may have run at Dover sure would like to know anything about the history of the car……

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/uncle_sam134/IMG_1503.jpg?t=1230989556

dino
        Keymaster

Jack THINKS the car Is Vintage Dover Runner…He commented on that last year:
            “This is my current muscle car, its a 1970 Dodge Challenger 440 Six Pack, 4 speed, Dana 60. I bought this car in 1980 from a body shop in Wallkill N.Y., it was then as it is now (same paint – T/A hood). Wallkill N.Y. is local to Dover drag strip so its possible the car was raced there, it had a vertical gate shifter and a line lock , high lift cam and dome top pistons and big tube headers plus all the other tell tale signs of drag racing. Would be Cool if some one recognized my car from Dover Drag Strip , please if so let me know ……… The car came from a body shop that was behind Walkill Ford I bought it in 1980 and still have it today”……….. Thanks Jack

jackman
            Participant

Dino I posted last year in the Generation Gap Form, thought I’d have better luck in the OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR form… hope some one can tell me its history…

babycakes
                Participant

Back in the early 70’s,a guy named Al Mitchell, from Kingston had one,identical to this one (however no stripes).I remember Alex Chilcott,from Rifton,N.Y. (who had a Mopar A/MP,and Pro/Stock,which was sold to Demicco Motors,in Kingston), set up the carbs,and put in a manual shift body,in the trans for Al. Al didn’t have the car that long,maybe 2 years (?). Where it went from there,and is it the same one,I don’t know,but there wasn’t too many around the area that looked identical to yours.

babycakes
                    Participant

OOPS! Sorry ‘Jackman’,wasn’t reading close e-nuff. Yours is a 4 speed,Al’s was definately a factory automatic. Back to the drawing board,sorry.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.