Anyone remeber this 1968 Nova????

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Anyone remeber this 1968 Nova????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    jason-68-l78

Does anyone remeber this 1968 Nova SS I would like to talk to him.

Jason

jason-68-l78

Looks like B and R speed specialties on the passenger side quarter????

patina
            Participant

And the same for the 55 behind him B&R Herman Dwyer.

Pat

jason-68-l78

Is that his name Herman Dwyer????

tomatohead
                    Participant

…….. 🙄 I could be wrong but I think it says Herman & Dwyer ❓ ❓ you should show the picture to Bobby Herman and maybe he might remember who the guy was ❓ …………….. what ya think Dino ❓

patina
                        Participant

Mater where have you been? You think it says & might have to do some CSI photo examination on that.

Pat

dino
                            Keymaster

B…Bob Herman R …Ray Dwyer….They ran the ’55…sponsored the Nova …Think we need to hear from Frank Mengler or Bobby Schlegel for the answer.

patina
                                Participant

Very good Mon Capitan.

P

paul-ceasrine

H/S Nova,
                                        Bobbu Schlegel should know this one.
                                        ‘Lil Miss Carnivorous’ ran in H/S.
                                        The sharp looking 70′ Rebel Machine 390/340HP.
                                        Equipped with famous ‘white stripe’ camshaft.
                                        Where are you ‘Captain Cool Daddy-O’
                                        Paulie
                                        Got to think a little. That 68′ should be a 350/295HP L-48 car to fit into H/S.
                                        Jason looks like your still hunting.
                                        Best guy for 68′ Nova’s. Jay at Jefferson Valley Service Station.
                                        Ran ‘Goldilocks’ SS/HA 396/325HP at that time.

dino
                                        Keymaster

Gary Balph Might Know ,But it’s driving me nuts so I’m calling Herman.Darn…he’s under a truck fixing it…gotta call back later.By the way it says “in-NOVA-ion” on the front fender( I lettered it and don’t know ).

jason-68-l78

Ok guys I really don’t know what the drag lingo is? Is H/S a class? The way that car is setting when it is launching it might be a BB car. Really need to get a closer look at that front fender for the motor badge.It could be a SB car and yes it would have the L48 350 295 hp motor.
                                                Yes I am still trying to locate some more information on my car. Every couple of months I get a new lead, follow it to a dead end then get frustrated and stop looking. I did google B+R speed speciatlies and came up with B+R speed supply in Verona PA. http://www.bandrspeedsupply.com/ So I gave them a call today and talked to the owner. They have been in buisness for a long time and said he don’t remember the car but a previous original owner still works part time and might remember it? I am going to call back tomorrow.
                                                I got the pictures from the ODF gallery it was the dover 300 not sure what year. Was that a special meet? I see the car in tow which makes me think it was a car with gears not road worthy? Out of all the pictures in the ODF gallery this was the only 68 nova. I seen a lot of 69 nova’s all lettered up. I actually saw one nova called Nova Cane. I actually tracked the owner down and I think his name was Tom Delanie. Spelling may not be correct. He bought the car new from Otto Chevrolet in Chatam NY. Tom bought the car home pulled the motor and made a trip to the machine shop for modifications. It was a drag car from day 2!
                                                It is a needle in a hay stack but this guy with the white 68 nova might remember my 68 nova if he was from the area?

Thanks for all you help so who should I try next?

Ray Dwyer, Bob Herman, Frank Mengler or Bobby Schlegel

dino
                                                Keymaster

H/S stands for H Stock and I’ll find out tomorrow from Bob who dat is

jason-68-l78

Awsome thanks Dino!
                                                        Dino the way I understand it you did all the lettering around this time period. Do you remember a guy named Donnie Fuller from up my way. He did most of the lettering at Lebanon Valley speedway from the late 70s into the early 80’s. He was know as the Rube!

Thanks again Jason

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Hey….so many around then…Rube don’t ring a bell.

hvy70ss
                                                            Participant

Jason…. Try classracer.com That site has ALL info regarding NHRA Super Stock and Stock currently going on. It covers the whole country. The reason I recommend it is because almost all of our northeast guys that race rely on it. SOMEBODY on their is bound to recognize your car or have a connection. I’d recommend contacting Lee Valentine about your car also. I bet he knows. Good luck.

Bobby Smith

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.