anyone remember Bumper Dewit (Fever)1966 hemi belvedere

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR anyone remember Bumper Dewit (Fever)1966 hemi belvedere

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    t2tfast

looking for pics of the 1966 plymouth belvedere Hemi 4 speed (bill devitto aka bumper dewit raced at dover in 66 he ran the car as fever

dino
        Keymaster

Ta Da! ODF Premium Members Photo Galleries reveal All . Bossguy remembers him tearing up a freshly paved street and getting in trouble. SS/B …I lettered it .Bumper was a little nutty to say the least…thats him leaning on the door.

Attachments:

t2tfast

hey dino, i found the car, and i found Bumper, hes in florida, still looks good and hes sharp as a whip. what can you tell me about the car?

dino
                Keymaster

Does He have the Car? Get him to get on here .He could tell us all about it.

t2tfast

hey dino, i have the car, its been sitting for about 44 years. probably one of the lowest mileage hemi cars. bumper told me everything he could. i was hoping for another perspective view.
                        do you remember a guy Bob Wessel, ran a red 68? 427 camaro? or John Oreilly. Bumper told me his gang was named The Rev Masters. he also said bobby lagana ran the car for him.

dino
                        Keymaster

Check Car Club heading for Rev Masters …you going to race it? how ’bout some photos! ask him about the clubs purple ’57 chevy. Oh- are you in florida too?

t2tfast

hey dino, im in dutchess county, the car needs to b painted and engine installed. still not sure what to do with it.
                                i spoke to Doug Fazzolare today. hes in lousisana. real nice guy. going to email him the dover site info.
                                do you remember Tony Cavaleri, or Sonny Cianfaglone.
                                one more there was a group of black fellas from Peekskill, Preston Lasik he ran a 69 1/2 orange spuerbee 440 6 pac
                                i know he won alot of races cause the car 1/4 window was loaded with dover stickers.
                                i’ll have some pics real soon.

vbob
                                Participant

HEY
                                    BRIAN,MISSION TIME !!!
                                    BRIAN, SICK ‘EM BOY GO SNIFF’EM OUT!!!!!!
                                    GO BRIAN!!!
                                    ‘V’

bossguy

Tony Cavaleri is the cousin of a guy I worked with at Cook Ford in North Tarrytown (now Sleepy Hollow) in 69-71. He was partners in a Speed shop in Croton with somebody else. Thats where I heard Bumper got caught tearing up a freshly paved road near Pocantico Hills.

patina
                                        Participant
                                            quote t2tfast:

hey dino, im in dutchess county, the car needs to b painted and engine installed. still not sure what to do with it.
                                            i spoke to Doug Fazzolare today. hes in lousisana. real nice guy. going to email him the dover site info.
                                            do you remember Tony Cavaleri, or Sonny Cianfaglone.
                                            one more there was a group of black fellas from Peekskill, Preston Lasik he ran a 69 1/2 orange spuerbee 440 6 pac
                                            i know he won alot of races cause the car 1/4 window was loaded with dover stickers.
                                            i’ll have some pics real soon.

I’m up in Red Hook send me a PM. And I set up at the Rhinebeck show in May. Sausage and peppers to the first 20 “gavones” 🙄 🙄 🙄

Pat

dino
                                            Keymaster

t2tfast….Thats a real Find-treasure …all that good stuff…what to do ? RUN IT…We have all kinds of talent IN YOUR Area ,here to contact through the forum. Best thing is…sounds like you have all the components -just need assembly. Keep us posted and ask for anything you need …hey I could even letter it to match the first job I did.Does Bumper have the “All important” photos to help ? He needs to send them or get on here and post .Thats about the only photo I could find .Maybe others can help.Oh- Is there any contacts from or does Heckmam Motors still exist?…that may open some info doors.The Vin # and if engine THE original… # can be tracked too.

t2tfast

was the that et speed shop in croton? do you recall a guy walter gregory use to work at larsen ford with the drag race program?

bossguy

There is a blast from the past, Walt Gregory, Billy Hahn, Charlie LaFarge. When I went over to Larsen for parts for Cook Ford I used to sit on the rollbar in front of the counter. That rollbar has been in my Mustang since about 1972. I later worked with Ben and Pete the service mgr and service writer at Larsen.

dino
                                                        Keymaster
                                                            paul-ceasrine

Bumper Dewitt,,,,,
                                                                Photo from 1967

Heckman Motor Sales,,,,,,,,,,Chrysler-Plymouth Dealer #61672
                                                                Had ‘two’ dealerships,,,,,,,
                                                                One in Croton-on-Hudson and one in Fishkill

Bumper’s 1966 Belvedere Sedan (post car), Hemi 4-speed.
                                                                Dark Blue,,,,,,,,with white painted hood, roof and trunk lid.
                                                                Bench seat too,,,,,,
                                                                A very rare car indeed,,,,,,,,,,,,

1966,,,,,,,,A/Stock
                                                                1967,,,,,,,,SS/B
                                                                1968,,,,,,,,SS/D
                                                                1969,,,,,,,,SS/E
                                                                1970,,,,,,,,SS/D or A/Stock

pc

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.