AUSTIN SHAKER Ron

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls AUSTIN SHAKER Ron

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Hi all im new here also. I used to race at Dover in the 70’s my cars were 1958 chev called BAM BAM ran M stock my last race with BAM BAM I was racing an old falcon , my memory tells me it was in black primer, in the shut down area me on right side of track the falcon lost control came over side swiped my car then vered off the left side of the track flipped and went down the embankment and down into the woods. It took a loader at the end of the day to get the falcon out. no serious injurys While i was helping the guy in the falcon out my family was trying to get to the end of the track in my 63 T bird and it caught fired in pits a day ill always remember. My other car was a 1963 austin healy called Austin Shaker Ran C/ALTERED class ran it a that year then sold it. one weekend i was at the scales getting weighed and for some unborn reason my car was 1000 lbs more then the usual lol so as i looked at the scale i see laying ontop of the scale bar a very large copperhead snake i said to the scale guy um theres your problem i point he looks and we both sort of said ohhhhhh s_ _ _t lol one of the guys managed to remove the snake and my car was weighed and i went racing lol ..I have wonderful memorys of Dover, I guess its time i dig out the old trophys and photos and start posting. I’m truly overwhelmed finding this site as I had no idea its was here.
        stay well be safe I look forword to becoming more involved here. thank you to all the makers of this site and great memorys . Ron O

dino
        Keymaster

Yo Ron….Find any Photos yet ? ….If problem with Scan and post …Send snail mail ..we’ll do it and return promptly .

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.