B Whitford New Member

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls B Whitford New Member

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    whits1941chevy

Hello everyone my name is Brian Whitford from CT. I just officially became an ODF member, my Father Bruce Whitford originally from Terryville, CT. raced at Dover dragstrip back in 1964,1965 in the D/MP class with the Drag n Run boys,we still have the 1941 Chevy special deluxe coupe that was raced at Dover and CT. Dragway, car color when raced in some pics is maroon only one pic with maroon color shows lettering on doors, car also was repainted light blue in some race pics, current car color is black same paint from early 70’s no pics of car drag racing painted in black, we’re having a great time researching info and going through old photos from back then, hoping someone in the ODF world has any info on the car, pics of class winners for 1964,1965 During trophy ceremony etc.
        We have a 1955 Chevy post car color Blue formerly owned by Roger Hall also from Terryville CT. A Drag n Run guy.

Hopefully i could help someone out too so far found,
        1964 pic with a two tone 1955 chevy back of car white, white convertible top, front dark color can’t tell what color, on back of pic says Joe ( Weed’s) running M/S 1964

Another 1964 pic on back says Mick Grella Dover pic is of a dark colored roadster launching at start line .

Another 1964 pic is a 1955 Chevy on back says Red Ferry Dover 1964

Another pick 1964 says Helzapoppin just before it flipped over Dover drag strip 1964

vbob
        Participant

HEY

Welcome to the ODF club house!
            Usta race on rt72 aka Duhane flats!!!!
            Don’t be bashfull, we don’t have a dress code on this forum from what Ive herd most guys hit the keyboard bareass, aint that scarry!!!!
            Make some noise and hope to see you in person sometime!

‘V’

whits1941chevy

Hey Bob thanks for the welcome
                wheres the duhane flats on 72? Back in the 80s We used to race in front of the GM New Departure building on james p casey the poles are still marked probably still some good action up there on a Friday nights.

babycakes
                Participant

I too,want to ‘welcome’ you aboard !!! Sorry,I can’t help ya with photos that your after,but ‘keep the faith’, this ODF club, finds more,and more,in memorbilia,and photos,of the ole ‘Dover’ days, year,after year Brian! You never know??? 🙄 😮 😉 . Pete.

whits1941chevy

Hi Pet thanks for the welcome
                        Like the willys pic big fan of willys cars

babycakes
                        Participant

Yeah Brian,for those who know me, I’m a ‘WILLYS’ NUT!!!! Quote,unquote! I was searching for our ole Willys gasser,since ’68’, and never gave up! Many thanks to the ‘internet’,the new owner,found me!!! That was just a few years ago,and it’s still ‘alive’,with a ‘new’ custom chassis,it’s
                            still under restoration,however,now a ‘street’ rod! That’s why I encourage you, stay ‘motivated’ finding photos,and info, on your ‘classic’ Chevy gasser,it’ll happen in due time!!!…Pete. 😉 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.