Back in Time

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Back in Time

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    tomatohead
    Participant

I am new to the site and gald its here !! just looked at “most” of the pics in the OFG and it feels like I just left Dover yesterday !!!!! What a GREAT feeling !!!! I went to Dover with my Father and Uncle back in the mid 60’s like everybody esle and raced there when I got my lic. till about 75 or 76 guess thats about when the gates closed …………. I live in stormville NY about 13 miles from where the track was ,started going to Lebanon Valley to race but go to Island DragWay in New Jersey instead now , its more like Dover to me !!! …. names Joe DiNardo but Tomatohead is what everybody calls me cuase we have a vegetable farm in Somers NY , its still there since 1955 , sure Wish Dover was still there …………………

vbob
        Participant

Hey
            Welcome home son!!
            You say Tomaytoe I say Tamaatoe!!
            Hey Tomatohead,good thing you don’t run a fertalyzer farm!!!

‘V’Bob

dino
            Keymaster

Good thing Bob can spell 😆 ……The have the King Corn Farm….’ya’ll can call me ‘mater’….bet ya didn’t know that Somers was home to the first elephant brought into the U.S …True Story …..Then Dover opened and Elephant motors showed up …lil history there . Welcome Mater !

tomatohead
                Participant

Like Elvis says ……. AAAHH Thank you , Thank you very much !! 😀

storm-king

Stormville is where the airport is or was; that the late, great, “French Connection” aerobatic team called home. We drove through Stormville every Sunday on the way to Dover, and I was always excited to look at the aircraft. I saw the “French connection” do an airshow at this little backwater crop dusting field in Marlboro New York in the early ’70’s, and that very day took my first aerobatic flight at Kobelt Airport in a Stearman biplane.

vbob
                        Participant

Hey

Stormville, I go to the BIG flee market there!!
                            Gota prison up the street too!!

‘V’

bobby-s

the one with the HOT SEAT chair
                                aka electric 😳

Green Haven prison,

tomatohead
                                Participant

Yes the airport is about a mile from my house and if I could win the $$$ lottery $$$ it would be turned into a Drag Strip overnight!!!! and would call it “Stormville Strip” !!! theres more then enough room and plenty of shut down ! do think the thought hasnt crossed my mine !! it does everytime I go over there to the flea market !! Mite not be a bad place to have a future Dover Drag Strip meet ……… just and Idea since there is so much room …………. ❓

storm-king

Hummmm…Storm King at Stormville; I’d own that track!

dino
                                        Keymaster

Don’t get me started…DOVER MEET AT AIRPORT ?….opps TOO LATE…DOVER CSI : attention !Your Assignment STORMVILLE AIRPORT…I want full arial Photos …is there enough emergency run-off.? Shut down area lenth?…Recon the perimeter…establish property owner & insurance coverage.. NO TREE —->Flagman ! with 1/4 mile spotters who raise flag for winning lane …OLD SKOOL .l…and we want the food concession…won’t make that mistake again. Report BACK !

Now ya did it……………………………..SEE ‘Stormvile Airport Concept ” at General Discussion….”hold me down” I’m fired up on this……..!!!!!!!!!!!

dino
                                            Keymaster

STORMY ? thought you were in Florida.?..(must have a laptop with internet )

tomatohead
                                                Participant

hey everbody let get one post going on this thing with Stormville Airport for all of us Ive posted the wedsite in the general forum and here it is again for all of us its http://stormvilleairportfleamarket.com as soon as it comes up on your computor you will see a view of it from the sky on how big how wide and how LONG it is !!!! there is also a car show there already !!! and dates for other stuff hope this helps out so ckeck it out ………………………..tomatohead

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.