Ball Joint Spacers, remember them??

Forums Forums RACE TECH QUESTION FORUM Ball Joint Spacers, remember them??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mikey

I’m looking for a set of “ball joint spacers”. Those were the aluminum blocks that you put under the upper control arm, and then bolted the ball joint under it and to the upper control arm. I need a set. Anybody got some, can someone maybe make me a set?? HM, HM?? They allowed the ride height to stay about the same, but allowed for a lot of front end lift under acceleration. If you can help me out, PM me, call me, e-mail me, you get the idea. Thanks in advance.
        ………………Mikey 😆

frank-j-majauskas
        Participant

WOW Mikey, I forgot about ball joint spacers ❗ I had them in my ole 55 with 58
            wagon w/AC coil springs in the front and 5 leaf springs /w a shackle kit on the back…
            The Ole Girl sat high and looked cool, BUT the ride sucked and forget cornering. 😆
            Hitting a small pot hole in the road was like running into a wall ❗ BUT she turned a lot
            of heads.. 😆 KIDS ❗ Hey Mikey, good luck with that…..

Frank…..

Attachments:

super-sport-pete

MIKEY, had them in my 67 chevelle race car. i think i have a set. what kind of car??? or GOOGLE ‘” chevy ball joint spacers”. i did . all sorts of stuff. or pm me your phone # pete.

mikey

Hey, Pete. Kind of a late reply, but I had forgotten all about this post. I wound up making my own set. Bought a 3″ aluminum block, cut it roughly in half, and used my machine shops Bridgeport to mill each piece down to 1 1/4″. Made a template out of cardboard to mark the bolt holes and the top of the ball joint, drilled the holes and machined out the center for the top of the ball joint, and I now have “ball joint spacers”. I’m also raising the ride height by roughly 1 1/2″ so I’ve made some brackets to add to the front coil-over shock mounts to move the upper mounts down. Hopefully, the geometry will stay the same, or close to what it was. …………..Mikey 😆

P.S. A couple of pictures, just to give you an idea what I’ve got. I’m not done, need to clean up the welds a little and paint the brackets. 😀

Attachments:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.