Battery On The Trunk-Lagana

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Battery On The Trunk-Lagana

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Every body remembers …But NOW we have one of the Best Shots of Bobby Lagana’s” Battery On Trunk” Gasser ….Much more In the ODF Galleries AND see the Lagana ‘history” in ‘Historical Dover Photos” section . This shot from the incredible Bill Cullen collection.(Mixed Years)

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

more …just for kicks…this shot a classic

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Before converting to Gasser …Still on the street with plates -1961………..here’s the caption…hey ,there’s Ron Abbott mentioned -Huh!….rest of caption mentions Connie Kalitta to be appearing June 24 in exhibition runs…That calls for a new heading….”Early Drag Racing Legends At Dover”…coming soon

Attachments:

maso
                Participant

Yeah…

I remember seeing the battery set up that way and I always wondered if that was legal. In fact I posted about it over at Bill Pratt’s web site, go see: http://www.draglist.com/stories/SOD%20Dec%202000/SOD-122200.htm At the time I posted that in 2003 I was looking for Dover action pictures and the only one I had then was the one of Tippet’s dragster that I took myself. Now thanks to Dino and all of you I got more than I can handle…!!!

I saw Bob Sr. at Gainseville’s GatorNationals in April of that year and I asked him about the Plymouth. He told me that it got away from him somehow and that he would love to get it back.

I seem to remeber reading somewhere that the ’46 Plymouth was his mother’s car before she gave it to him.

I saw in the Montgomery thread that Bob won some eliminator class there in 1960, my guess is that it was with this car. I wonder how it was set up at that time.

These two pictures that I have posted here, also the one with the ’35 Chevy Coupe are from Bob Sr’s personal collection. They were borrowed and scanned for me as a personal favor by a close friend of the Lagana family, a photographer in Yonkers named Artie Cimilluca. Thank you again… Artie…!

tomblake
                    Participant

Maso….The picture of the dragster, is that Tippet’s dragster?
                        Tippet’s was at my high school reunion last November and he is in Florida now.
                        He said he was going to get on the Dover site but I have not seem him here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.