Bee Line Automotive

Forums Forums SPEED SHOPS from Dover’s past Bee Line Automotive

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Home of that awesome Willys Gasser …Ok guys guys…let it Rip …..Fill us in .

pmbuick
        Participant

Well Dino I grew up right next door to the shop. I started hanging out there when I was about 5 or 6 it was a young wanna be racer’s paradise, we had The Willys that belonged to my Uncle Al (Zerbarini) and Jimmy Yerks had a AA/D Gene Terenzio had an A/A there was Hank Thyler with a S/S Plymouth and a Guy named Chuck Arnold who qualified in the Indy 500 that was just some of the guys who worked there.
            They allowed me to polish the magnesium wheels on the gasser and dragster (never dull and steel wool), when it came time to fire up the Willys my uncle would let me sit in the car it was great! Jim would let me steer the dragster onto the trailer and of coarse I pretended to drive it.
            That is where my life long love of the sport began, my only wish back then was to be old enough to drive that Willys, oh well maybe someday. Peter

dino
            Keymaster

Plenty of Photos of the Original Willys in ODF galleries AND of the restored version in the Danbury Reunion galleries.

vbob
                Participant

HEY

found this up stairs under B !

‘V’

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

V-Bob…What year? and were these handouts or on the ‘back’ of something?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.