BIG VIDEO TEASER II…Big Video footage

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? BIG VIDEO TEASER II…Big Video footage

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Hey guys… heres : “TEASER II “of the Big Video material. Footage from Video Bob, Andy Kinash and Bobby Schlegal. Last one for awhile…don’t want to let all the cats outa the bag…And more footage still coming in . I put on Ian Cubitt’s music that is OURS now…Took a differant theme to this one : “going to the track”…Click to see:

here’s the link: http://doverdragstrip.com/video/bvteaser2.wmv

patina
        Participant

EXCELLENT DINO.

tomblake
            Participant

Dino….a special thanks to you for the video of the ’37 Ford from 1965. That’s about the coolest thing since we started checking into the Dover site. COOOOOL.
                I know you have been busy and it took a while but it was well worth it. A 44 year old video and we didn’t think there were even pictures available.
                Glad you got the super new computer.
                Thanks again.
                Tom

dino
                Keymaster

Sorry for making it so short…we’re kind busy at shop so didn’t have a lot of time to preview all the footage …splice and assemble……when we have some of the “story -board” in sequence…we can kind of show an “under-Construction ” working Proof Clip …so you see how its done .

maso
                    Participant
                        quote TomBlake:

Dino….a special thanks to you for the video of the ’37 Ford from 1965. That’s about the coolest thing since we started checking into the Dover site. COOOOOL.
                        I know you have been busy and it took a while but it was well worth it. A 44 year old video and we didn’t think there were even pictures available.
                        Glad you got the super new computer.
                        Thanks again.
                        Tom

We should try and figure out if the video of the Blake & McWilliams coupe duking it out with Geno Terenzio’s Rutabaga ( that’s what I always call Studebaker’s… sorry…! * ) was taken at the same time as this other still picture. I think maybe it was.

* Rutabaga = Noun: 1; a brassicaceous plant, Brassica napobrassica, having a yellow- or white-fleshed, edible tuber.
                        2. the edible tuber, a variety of turnip

vbob
                        Participant

HEY
                            That day I had my 2 Kodaks with me !!
                            Multytaskin in the 60’s

‘V’

maso
                            Participant
                                quote video Bob:

HEY
                                Multytaskin in the 60’s

‘V’

They were both taken with your cameras… 😎

Okay, good memory. Tom Blake will find that facinating.

tomblake
                                Participant

Right Maso, it is fascinating. It’s really amazing that so much stuff came out on so many of the Dover Race cars. It is especially amazing that so much came out about out ’37 Ford because it was only run late in the 1965 season. When the season was over the running gear, 409 engine and 4 speed trans, went into our A/MSP and that car ran about 3/4 of the 1966 season.
                                    I have a hard time believing these pictures and 8mm are still around, but I love it.

tomblake
                                    Participant
                                        quote video Bob:

HEY
                                        Multytaskin in the 60’s

‘V’

It’s no wonder V Bob has so much stuff, two cameras at the same time. Back in the 60’s not to many people had 8mm and that must have been the latest technology. The 8mm was like film, they had to be sent out to be developed. Could you imagine if V Bob had a VHS camera?

maso
                                        Participant
                                            quote TomBlake:

Right Maso, it is fascinating. It’s really amazing that so much stuff came out on so many of the Dover Race cars. It is especially amazing that so much came out about out ’37 Ford because it was only run late in the 1965 season. When the season was over the running gear, 409 engine and 4 speed trans, went into our A/MSP and that car ran about 3/4 of the 1966 season.
                                            I have a hard time believing these pictures and 8mm are still around, but I love it.

Yeah… this all started in Novebber when you posted your only picture of it and you thought it was a ’39. Then after almost two week of nobody replying to it I did… the next thing you know it’s all this…!!! That must have blown you away.

tomblake
                                            Participant

Maso….”That must have blown you away.”

That is an under statement. You are right I only had one picture of that car and know we have pictures and videos, unbelievable.
                                                Checked tonight the thread is 9 pages long and my first one picture has 1500 hits. Just amazing.

maso
                                                Participant
                                                    quote TomBlake:

Maso….”That must have blown you away.”

That is an under statement. You are right I only had one picture of that car and know we have pictures and videos, unbelievable.
                                                    Checked tonight the thread is 9 pages long and my first one picture has 1500 hits. Just amazing.

I try to post ideas or questions just to stimulate conversation. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. That time it did…!

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Tom…Found a gorgeous Shot of the Old Coupe in the Kevin Dunn Slides ! And about 5 shots of the famous “Patina” MG he’s restoring…Of note…sorted AGAIN to send out first 100 ….Shots of “Progression ” of Little Giant…from primer…with small front wheels to..larger spoked whells …to paint & Lettering. Also great wheelstand shots of “Bad News” and a bunch of Henry J’s…Smokeys !!! what color was it ? got about 4 ! Oh…super shots of Lagana’s coupe with battery up in the air…this is a TEASE ,telling you all this …’cause it takes a couple of weeks to send out AND ,I’m only doing 100 at a time …Unless we have a windfall in the “Sales” of ODF’s or Store stuff.

maso
                                                        Participant
                                                            quote dinotheweirdo:

Tom…Found a gorgeous Shot of the Old Coupe in the Kevin Dunn Slides ! And about 5 shots of the famous “Patina” MG he’s restoring…Of note…sorted AGAIN to send out first 100 ….Shots of “Progression ” of Little Giant…from primer…with small front wheels to..larger spoked whells …to paint & Lettering. Also great wheelstand shots of “Bad News” and a bunch of Henry J’s…Smokeys !!! what color was it ? got about 4 ! Oh…super shots of Lagana’s coupe with battery up in the air…this is a TEASE ,telling you all this …’cause it takes a couple of weeks to send out AND ,I’m only doing 100 at a time …Unless we have a windfall in the “Sales” of ODF’s or Store stuff.

You’re really going to have an impressive photo archive…!

I remember seeing Lagana’s coupe with the battery mounted way up there. They must have told him that he couldn’t get away with that for safety reasons. There must be a story to go along with that.

The Blake/McWilliams coupe went from obscurity to DDS lagendary status because of us…eh…?

tomatohead
                                                            Participant

I Wish I could just JUMP into the video and spend the rest of that day there …………………………tomato

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.