Bill Casey’s "Super Pumpkin" Camaro – 1973

Forums Forums HISTORICAL DOVER PHOTO GALLERY Bill Casey’s "Super Pumpkin" Camaro – 1973

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bob-eifler

Bill Casey’s “Super Pumpkin” Camaro – 1973

Attachments:

vicp2d

Hello,
            I see in this picture it looks like the CarpetBagger. I found that car and I am putting together a board with pictures of it. I grew up as a kid watching my dad run Vic Speed Shop Car. As I get use to moving around the site I will post pics of cars. Vic

gabbyp

Found this photo of Bill Casey’s Super Pumpkin when it was a 57 Chevy. I believe this was taken in 1972. Maybe some one can update the info.

tomblake
                Participant

Wasn’t the hot car pits paved before 1972? Or is that the hot car pits?

billy-casey

that pic is before 72 … in72 which was the last year I ran that car I had totally rebuilt it including paint and lettering … had silver leaf which Dino didn’t do at that time . in 72 the cars that ran for money were in the paved hot car pits in back of the starting line . that pic was in the old gasser pits in back of the tower … boy I realy wish I had that car back 😥 😥 Billy

tomblake
                        Participant

I can see why you would like that car back. It is a real good looking car and the ’57 has got more popular as the years go by.

billy-casey

at the end of the 72 season I relized the I had to update … the camaros were the future and if I wanted to compete I had to go that direction . I sold the 57 to a guy from England for $1500 complete , all spare parts , no motor or trans . the same guy that bout “Russo’s Rat” … The engine and trans from the 57 went in the camaro and the 1st pass was faster then I ever went with the 57 but it felt so slow … the 57 was a handful and more fun to drive .. I’m getting alittle misty here just thinking about it 😥 😥 😥 great memories … Billy

dino
                                Keymaster

Billy ..Never Saw the new paint on it ! I kind left that year…Nobody has a photo ? don’t know what it looked like….That guy in england ? we found Russo’s Rat on a site …maybe that guys got a photo ?

billy-casey

Hi Dino…the 57 was raced for a few years in England and Eurupe , then was redone and became a show car , then after that it was sold and redone again and made into a street rod [ that had to be quite a task ] .. that was over 20 years ago
                                        havent herd anything since then … Billy

billy-casey

Dino … it’s snowing like crazy up here today , a good day to try and find some old photos for next week . i’m realy exited about this . I don’t think we will recegnize each other muchless anyone else , lets pray for good weather so this all happens as planned… have a very HAPPY NEW YEAR 😛 😛 😛 … Billy

dino
                                            Keymaster

When I get a break …I’ll search out Merry old England and see what I can Find.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.