Bill Davitt..One Of the "Guys" has passed on….

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Bill Davitt..One Of the "Guys" has passed on….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Please Note Date of this First Post…Noticed The Shop needed to be included in The Speed Shop Heading.(moved it from “Where Are They Now”) From just A General Auto repair shop ..Bill & Ron ,expanded the Automobile Shop to include a full blown Speed Shop retail area in front with 5 mechanics bays in the rear.Drive on alignment -heli-arc welding -the works.At one time having three active racers as mechanics and doing tons of Race Car prep work.Worked closly with Richie Matoney and Bob Ingels.

Original post:
        Drake informed me Today that Bill Davitt, has made his last run. I worked with Bill and his partner Ronnie Scruletta at the Automobile Shop in Bedford Hills, N.Y. Bill was one we were trying to locate, and His obit. was just posted in the Westchester Journal …says Drake. He’s suvived by his wife, Deborah andson William. At one time Lee Valentine ,Willy Hormente and Bill ..all ran the red,white and blue cars with the Automoblle Shop name. Here’s a shot of Bill’s personal S/Stock Duster on the lawn in front of his Bedford Hills ,Automoblie Shop ,just after I painted and lettered it. . Bill supported many Racers and Even Dover, sponsoring events and even the Time Slip printing in the Seventies. We will miss him and I’ll find some photos to post .

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.