Billy the Kid Cornwall NY

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Billy the Kid Cornwall NY

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jackman
    Participant

Anyone remember an Orange 67,68, or 69 Camaro looked race ready and was totally lettered out with Billy The Kid down both sides of the car,,, and was street driven in Cornwall area about 1975 ,,,,,,,,,,,,, I think it ran at Dover not sure but that was the talk any pics??????????

mikey

🙁 I remember the car, but not the kid who was driving it. It was75 or76, and I worked at Bard Chev on Broadway in Newburgh. A guy I worked with, Gary sumptin, borrowed a set of Goodyear 29×10.5sx15s on Crager rims so this guy could race somebody, and he disappeared with my slicks!!! 😈 😈 😈 I made Gary pay me for them, and never loaned stuff out again without knowing who wanted it. 😀 I would really have been p#$%&^*d, if they were the ones I used regularly, but they were spares………………………. 👿 Mikey 😆 😆

dino
            Keymaster

Wow …I’m connecting the Dots here…Mikey -click on this (It’s ALL Here Someplace -Gotta LOOK):

New Racing Team

jackman
                Participant
                    quote mikey:

🙁 I remember the car, but not the kid who was driving it. It was75 or76, and I worked at Bard Chev on Broadway in Newburgh. A guy I worked with, Gary sumptin, borrowed a set of Goodyear 29×10.5sx15s on Crager rims so this guy could race somebody, and he disappeared with my slicks!!! 😈 😈 😈 I made Gary pay me for them, and never loaned stuff out again without knowing who wanted it. 😀 I would really have been p#$%&^*d, if they were the ones I used regularly, but they were spares………………………. 👿 Mikey 😆 😆

Bummer on the slicks but at least Gary stepped up and paid for them,,,,,,,,, the Billy the Kid Camaro was all over Cornwall for one summer and so was all the talk about how well it ran at Dover I was to young to drive and never made it to Dover so don’t know any except it was a nice looking car even if it was a Chebby 😆 sure would be cool to find some old Dover pics with Billy the Kid might even spot your old slicks too 😆 joke…..

purple-haze

Hi I have some pictures of Billy The Kid 🙂 racing at Dover I will try to post It was originaly built by Henry Van Houten and raced at Dover then sold to Billy Jones AKA Billy The Kid from Marlboro Then sold to me I can’t remember who I sold it to ❓

jackman
                        Participant

That would be Cool to see again , please post the pics 😀 😀 ,,,,,,,,,, Billy the Kid was owned I think (or may be it was just there) by someone in the same neighborhood in Cornwall-on-Hudson back in the mid 70’s it was a really nice car the the way I remember it and there was plenty of Dover talk too..

dino
                            Keymaster

“HAZE”……Photos ? We Need yours AND everybodys DOVER Stuff…E-mail at 300dpi or Send in Mail-I’ll scan And Send Back.

dino
                                Keymaster

Have some Purple Haze photos from Brian…I’ll dig them out…What have You got up in the attic “Haze” ?and how ’bout some photos of the new “fleet”-Fugitive,etc.?

hvy70ss
                                    Participant

Love to see pics of all those cars mentioned above….THANKS!

Bobby Smith

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.