BlackArrow STUFF FOUND & MORE

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION BlackArrow STUFF FOUND & MORE

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dover1320

This Sunday I will be in Wingdale digging around in a old garage that once stored the Arrow also a former driver of it who is yet to be named. We saw some cool photo’s of it at Doverfest and more to be had. Dino will be posting more when my mission is over film, pic’s and old part’s and more !! Brian M

dino
        Keymaster

Found this to go along with What Brian said…Think he’s headed for Carl Spiedels Sons ‘stash” to Recon the relics! .This photo from a Mag. Tomatoehead sent me with MY FAVORITE Lettering layout on the Arrow…DOVER DRAG STRIP and notice Spiedel’s Speed shop on the Front. As Bill Smrtic said …This car “lauched like no other”

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Brian Shipped A large box of Goodies today , to “headquarters ” here in N.C. New Black Arrow relics from Matt Spiedel in the mix ! Will post when they arrive .

paul-ceasrine

As perfect as a 1965 Super Stocker could be.
                    Painted nicely, lettered perfectly, and ran like a monster.
                    Even the steel wheel-rims looked great on that car.
                    Must be a mid-year 1965 photo. Perfect framing in the shoot. Five stars for whoever took that picture.
                    Bio:
                    The #12 Plymouth Super Stocker (out of 105) built at Highland Park, Michigan.
                    Hand assembled. Built between 11/16/64 thru 1/8/65.
                    Factory weight: 3408 lbs.
                    Race Hemi w/12.5-1 pistons
                    Aluminum heads
                    Magnessium cross-ram w/twin 600cfm Holleys
                    Tubular factory-made headers, w/exhaust system and single muffler (of course disconnected)
                    4.56 gears, w/8 3/4 rear-end
                    Torque-flite A-727 automatic transmission
                    * Owner; Doc Burgess (Wingdale, NY)
                    * Shipped to; Bill “Grumpy” Jenkins (Berwyn, Pa) (Sometime in early January 1965)
                    * Prepped by; Bill Jenkins, Al Joniec and Tony Rizzi
                    * Raced at NHRA Winternationals (Pomona, Calif) February 1965
                    * Under the name “Black Arrow”, with Bill jenkins driving
                    * Won S/SA and Top Stock Eliminator (Defeating Dick Housey, who also raced a 65′ Plymouth)
                    * Car ran 11.25’s @ 126 mph (w/7″ slicks)

Now, if they only left that car alone, and didn’t chop it up.
                    OOFA $$$$$$$

Paul

dino
                    Keymaster

paul …you’ll like this IF you haven’t already.

http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=962

dino
                        Keymaster

Maso just turned me on to this Vintage Video of the Black Arrow at Running at York:

Go to YouTube and see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydvcA_O-TNg&feature=related

The Black Arrow Plymouth is in there at 2:13 to 2:22, nice shot taken at York US 30 in the 60’s. Lot’s of action and sound. This video really captures the atmosphere that we all miss so badly…!

Also “The Dodge Boys” Strickler & Jenkins car with the back seat cab camera sequence. Strickler is pumping a four speed and not pushing buttons. He was the only one who could get away with that.

Excellent video here and maybe you could post this in an appropriate place. I think that the Black Arroiw Plymouth guy could add a lot to this.

Maso

dino
                            Keymaster

“Clone” Car was at 2008 York reunion…Here it is in action then. jmb442 was at York last week and It wasn’t there. Owned or was owned back then by Marco Desarius. Ah….it’s a “little”. . . how should I say WRONG …wheels are Bogus..?The car “sits” too low … ‘It’s a Hemi” and a few other lettering tid-bits are giant mistakes . We have enough Photos planted all over this site to do one of many truly accurate representations of this legend in its many configurations …….go figure :roll:….Don’t show “Doc”

Attachments:

bossguy

Even the number on the quarter panel is wrong!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.