BOB COTRONE Funny Story

Forums Forums BENCH RACING FROM THE PAST BOB COTRONE Funny Story

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Bob writes:

“By the way, I wondered if you were annoucing one sunday,many moons ago? I ran a blue ’57 Chevy 301, 488 rears, really mint. After time trials, and multi Beer lunch at Sams, I was yelled at by announcer to get off track for being drunk, wonder if you recall ? ”
        Bob Catrone

{edit dino…No, but then, I was at Sam’s Too}

masracingtd1167
        Participant

Thank God we don’t drink like that any more . I remember Seymour would go for lunch at sam’s every sunday I was afraid to let him pack our parachute found that one out the hard way . Right off the end of the track and into the dirt. When I got out of the car the chute fell out of the pack and onto the ground.

billy-casey

hay billy– doc engle wife ,girlfriend and mother were at the track with him almost every week..,his mother was the only one aloud to pac the chute 😆 i here were schsduled for atco ..billy casey

billy-casey

dino; now i can see the reason why that after lunch the stockers were running the gassers ,the alters were running yhe modified productions and the dragsters ran super stock. 😆 billy

dino
                    Keymaster

BILLY….T H A T Is some funny S**T right there …..and Seymour stuttering “wa happened ? ” . . . :mrgreen: Is that why he never drove it ?

masracingtd1167
                        Participant

Seymour realy never had much interest in driving. He tried it one time and said thats it you drive .he was a good partner and a good friend still IS. He just got tired of it and just wanted to do some other things. WE sure had alot of fun.

billy-casey

hi billy — SPEED CASEY HERE — why not ask him to come to atco with us , I think were short handed

masracingtd1167
                                Participant

Hey speed is that your new name.I think Kathy is going with me and BJ is coming down friday night.Im’e going down early thursday morning to test.should be very fast.

billy-casey

thats what alot of guys called me as a joke back in the day of the super pumpkin –it was pretty funny when someone called and asked for SPEED and not BILL — i NEW IT WAS ONE OF MY RACING BUDDIES — ill try to behave at atco… 😆

bobby-s

Billy maybe you can get Bob Lois to get on the Dover site,
                                            last time I was at the office I gave him papers but ????.
                                            Might be with Frank Genovrsi if we do not get rescheduled
                                            for our NETO rain out at Island.

Bobby Schlegel

bossguy

I remember everyone calling Billy “Speed” at his Getty station on McLean Ave in Yonkers. When was that, early 70’s Bill? You kept wishing you were cool enough to race a Ford! I remember it well. 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.