Bob "Smitty" Smith

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Bob "Smitty" Smith

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Heres ‘Smitty” testing for 3rd Nostalgia Drags…looks like he’s ready .

Attachments:

tomatohead
        Participant

…..sure looks like he treed the other guy 😀 ❗ ….. go BOB ❗

babycakes
            Participant

No doubt about it ‘Smitty’,it runs as good as it looks! No question,your ready!!!

hvy70ss
                Participant

Well……Smitty WAS ready. This past Sat. @ LVD NENDRA race my 496 bent an intake valve and scored the cylinder. 😡 Not sure which way to go now…fix this motor or get another bullet. Looks like valve keeper failure. I’ll be at the Dover race doing my usual tech and “other duties as assigned” though.

Smitty

hvy70ss
                    Participant

After well over a year…almost two, since I bent a valve in the 496 I’m back racing @ LVD. Last month made it to the semis @ a NENDRA race after blowing out the master cylinder in the pits. Had a local NAPA deliver one from Albany that day! NAPA in Nassua has the best customer service. I finally installed a anti-roll bar in my Chevelle. What a difference! No more crooked wheelstands/launches. Helped my 60ft. alot. This past Sunday ran @ LVD in open trophy just to test. After some minor adjustments,including not having full throttle, the car ran great. After 26 cars made it to the final. Ran a 10.43 126.08 on a 10.48 dial for runner-up. Was a long 13 hr. day @ LVD but worth it. A big thanks goes out to my buddy, Steve O for all the help both at the track and in my garage. Also to Wayne @ LVD for a great surface to race on. 😀

Bobby Smith

mikey

Congrats to you, glad to see you back in action. Oh, a buddy of mine just put an anti-roll bar on his Monza, and it straightened out a bunch of problems he was having.
                            …………………..Mikey 😆

babycakes
                            Participant

Congrats ‘Smitty’! Your ‘hooked’ and consistent !!! No doubt a threat to the competition you’ll be facing; way to go!!! 😮 😉 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.