Bob Tasca Passed Away

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Bob Tasca Passed Away

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bossguy

β€œThe patriarch of the Tasca Family, the creator of both the Ford Thunderbolt, and Cobra Jet Mustang, the man who nearly single handedly brought John Force into the Ford fold, and the man who fostered one of the largest Ford dealerships in the country, Bob Tasca Sr. has died.

β€œThe man was also a hot rodder whose contempt of being beated by Chevrolet at the races and drive to provide customers a product that was capable of being competitive off the showroom floor led him to have dealer mechanics modify a Fairlane with a 406ci motor and take it racing. This car was seen and studied by Ford and they took its model and used it to built the 427ci Thunderbolts.

In 1968, while Ford Mustangs with 390ci engines were having their lunch eaten for them by Camaros, Tasca again pressed dealer machanics into action and began installing 428ci Police Interceptor engines in the cars which he called the Mustang KR8. Ford took this idea and built the mighty Cobra Jet drag and street cars.”

vbob
        Participant

My heart goes out to the Tasca’s ,GOD bless him and the Tasca family.
            Mr. Tasca bought Roger and I lunch the day I picked-up my 04 Mustang .
            It was a pleasure to meet and do business with with such a gentleman.
            I also had the pleasure to present Mr.Tasca with a baseball autographed by Bill Lawton I had acquired.The ball is on display in the Cranston,R.I. showroom!
            If you have the chance, read his book,’You Will Be Satisfied’!!R.I.P.!!
            ‘V’

Attachments:

vbob
            Participant

HEY
                about Mr. Tasca.
                ‘V’

vbob
                Participant

HEY
                    one more interview.
                    ‘V’

dino
                    Keymaster

Tasca Ford At Dover Drag Strip…’65

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Really took some digging …Tasca vs Bob Hamilton …Al’s right there.

Attachments:

john-sachs-sr
                            Participant
                                quote dinotheweirdo:

Tasca Ford At Dover Drag Strip…’65

The pic of Tasca’s AFX,shows Bob Hamilton(tall guy by left quater panel)Bill Kolb,and Pete Bayer by Lawton’s driver window πŸ˜‰
                                Kolb and Tasca,sr. were good friends. πŸ˜‰
                                John

. . . . hey …good stuff…thanks John-Dino

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.