Bobby Lagana’s Chevamoco AND HIS OTHER CARS

Forums Forums HISTORICAL DOVER PHOTO GALLERY Bobby Lagana’s Chevamoco AND HIS OTHER CARS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    tomblake
    Participant

A couple of pictures of the Chevy powered Falcon “Chevamoco” from July 1966.

PS – Dino….Couldn’t read the name on the roof, last name looked like Lagana.
        That is why it was on Billy’s thread.

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Thanks…nice stuff ! AND thanks for the Date-important ! you can see it all here ! keep ’em comimg !

“bout time we run a whole Thread on Bobby’s creations….Lot of History …from his first old coupe to Funny Cars and Fuelers…He will be a whole segment in big Video for sure! What would Dover Be without the Lagana Cars ?

Reply here …will do some doing …stand-by

dino
            Keymaster

Here’s how he started….From Maso…Put in LAGANA in search box and stand back !

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Found this in the “closet”….Old Drag Racing Mag. Aug. 1988……Mentions his 6 year Break from racing …and …”comeback”, Makes for some interesting reading ! …Bobby Jr. at 10 yrs.old !

Attachments:

tomblake
                    Participant

That is the Plymouth that Bobby needed a rear end for when I had my trouble one Sunday.
                        This short story is about that Sunday. That day I blew up the clutch assembly and was sent to the hospital. Before leaving he asked to borrow my rear end for the day. I told him sure but put it back when he was done so I could tow the car back home. We were flat towing back in those days. Than I was taken off to the hospital. I didn’t get to see all the work Bobby had to do. He pulled the rear end out of both cars, not just the center section but the entire rear end, and installed mine in his car. The rear ends we were using was the 3/4 ton truck rear end, very heavy. He was about done when something simple didn’t fit or didn’t work. So he then removed the rear from his C/G car, and put it back into mine. He also tied up my transmission that was hanging on the ground from my blow up. When I got back, unable to walk, the car was already for me to tow home. I never forgot that he had gotten my car ready for me when he had worked so hard and didn’t even get to run his. Thanks Bobby.

dino
                        Keymaster

Found this and a bunch more In Big ODF galleries…Wearing a New York National AHRA T-Shirt .

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

more from Plain Busted on the Chevamoco….

Found in an Old Hot Rod MaG

Attachments:

storm-king

Someone posted a picture of this car taken from the spectator side at Dover over on the HAMB, “drag cars in motion” thread.

dino
                                    Keymaster

Heres photo from “Hamb”…trying to contact “poster”

Attachments:

dino
                                        Keymaster

Hows this from Kevin Dunn…!(Shown in the far Lane) there were TWO ?…only shot I’ve seen so far !

Attachments:

dino
                                            Keymaster

Rare ,Under Construction photos from Bobbys personal album of him building the Chevamoco

Attachments:

dino
                                                Keymaster

Here’s Bobby’s Record Holder wagon…one of the first to use wagon Body style for weight transfer.

Attachments:

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Got this From Brian M. Bobby’s American Challange …

Attachments:

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Here’s the brothers Pro Camaro:

Attachments:

dino
                                                            Keymaster

See all previous …added a bunch From Bobby’s own album ,I hi-jacked when He came To Rockingham …Got More Too !

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.