Bought a car, what class will it run??

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2nd Annual DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2010 ! Bought a car, what class will it run??

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    mikey

I just bought a 41 Willys coupe, tube frame, cage, coil overs all around, 4 link, 406sbc w/th350 and trans brake. I intend to go up for the second annual Dover Drag Strip races, and I’m curious what class I would wind up in. The car supposedly runs high 9sto low 10s, or low to mid 9s w/100 shot. 😀 Car also came with a 24ft enclosed trailer, but I don’t want it, no place to park it. Need to sell it or trade it for open traler and some money. ………..Mikey 😆

dino
        Keymaster

Mikey -VINTAGE unless its supercharged ,you go in Comp…If It’s an Altered NOT a gasser you go in Comp.

patina
            Participant

Mikey give me some specifics on the trailer like floor length and mfg. condition etc. also is it in Fla.

Pat

mikey
                    quote patina:

Mikey give me some specifics on the trailer like floor length and mfg. condition etc. also is it in Fla.

Pat

Pat, they are delivering the car and trailer this afternoon I think. I will get the info to you post-haste!!
                    ……………………Mikey 😆

dino
                    Keymaster

How ’bout a Dover Clone?….Beeline (Black early version )…Mystery Willys Al D. -Blue…Aurora 7 -Black….Sandy’s Outlaw -various colors -lettering layouts….. Can’t remember Who had the purple one -Duh. see the posts on BB/G meet in dDover Historical photos And check all the ODF Galleriers. Doing a Stone -Woods Cook or other famous one …all been done before and some require royalty issues…..come on guys …who had the purple willys ?

mikey

If you want to look at the car, it’s still on racing junk.com, add #1805077. Go to the site, no need to login or register and type in the add #, hit go and you should see it. 😆

tomblake
                            Participant

I checked racing junk. That looks like a real neat ride. Good luck mikey

dino
                                Keymaster

Here’s the “Mikeymobile”

Attachments:

don-kauer

Wow Mikey, That is one beautiful ride!!!!!!! Check with Drake…He’s got an open trailer for sale and would probably have and outlet for yours……………Good luck with your new car…………….Don……………

mikey

Don, thank you. For now, I’m going to get the lettering off the trailer, clean up the inside some, repair some needed stuff inside(minor),and then take it down to M&M to park it. I have no room for it. I gave Pat some specs on it, don’t know if he’s interested or what. I may just sell it, and worry about something later. If someone up your way is interested. I might be willing to deliver for a fee. 😀 ………………Mikey 😎

mikey

I guess the car is considered an Altered, or maybe a Gasser, not sure. I think I need a fire proof jacket, right? Also know I need a helmet, but what about a window net??…………………………….Mikey 😆

billy-casey

Mikey… if you were from eastchester , n.y. back then , that car would have been a stocker, my gess about a C/Stock or lower , so there is no need for any of that safty crap . ask anyone 😆 😆 😆 …. Billy

don-kauer

Mikey, Actually that car from Eastchester would probably have run N/S at Dover……..The Eastcheater guys never had to open their hood…….Right, Dino…………..You called it Speed!!!!!! 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.