BRIAN’S ROADTRIP

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION BRIAN’S ROADTRIP

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Our intrepid Track Historian Is heading SOUTH !. Leaving tomorrow ,thanks to a uncsheduled ‘vacation’ from his old job….notice I said Old. Yeah…its happening all over . So he said he’s got the time ,and taking advantage off it. Final destination is to see his Mom in Florida ,and take son Edward to Disneyland. But on the way ,will visit an old friend ,out on the coast in New Bern,N.C. and See me !. Bringing a new load of photos and relics ! Oh Boy ! New stuff. Mikey ,he’s coming right at ya.

mikey

Dino, give him my cell number and have him call me. I’m no more than 20-30 minutes from Disney World. Be nice to meet him if he’s got the time. ………………..Mikey 😆

dino
            Keymaster

Brian IS in N.C. now…visiting his buddie ,and I expect him to show in Rockingham, sometime tommorrow. I’m hooking him up with Mikey,once he hits Florida.

mikey

I’m patiently awaiting his phone call!! …………………Mikey 😆

dino
                    Keymaster

Brian’s HERE ..giving a Tour of Hillbilly Heaven…Then it’s on to my house for Grillin & Chillin.

dino
                        Keymaster

Brian and family Are now Southbound and Down. Fueled them up with some “Suthun” burgers & Dogs on the grill…..Got some new photos to post this week from him ! .He’s headed to Disneyworld and Garlits Museum. Oh-He does have a laptop …so maybe he’ll keep us posted.

maso
                            Participant

Brian…

Be sure to check out Don Garlits’ Museum of Drag Racing in Ocala. It is right off the Interstate 75 exit ramp just south of Ocala. Bring the boy too…!

http://www.garlits.com/

dino
                                Keymaster

Brian reported in last night…got to Florida Fast…at his Moms…Spent a couple of hours at Garlits museum…Eagle eye Brian noted ,there are a few Dover Trophies planted around the place…one with Jungle Jim Funny dated same as his showing at Dover.(Did he get a souvineer?) and others in places that really don’t match the car they’re next to.We think they got placed as ‘fillers’ .Was quite ‘all over’ that Dodge Coronet (“The KNIFE”) ….from his area originally And said the sign stated “raced at local track”-That would be Dover. He even got the BIG DADDY himself to autograph stuff!.He’s headed to Disney today with Hotel reservations. Back this Sunday to home.

maso
                                    Participant

When you go to Florida… you gotta’ do it right…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.