BUD HALLOCK Remembers !

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? BUD HALLOCK Remembers !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

If you went to Dover ….You Knew Bud. ….Maybe not by name ,but since opening day ,Bud was what you’de call “the General Manager’. His post in the morning was at the the pit pass sign-in booth, and filled in where ever needed in the afternoon….drove the ambulance,took care of bookeeping, handed out trophies and took care of “problems. Now 74 ,he lives in Southbury,Ct. We had a great time on the phone today, going over old stories and remembering things. He relayed ,that he was the first president of the Danbury Modifiers, and supplies old relics when He finds them to Smokey. Also about the question of “Why Did it Close?” …simple business reasons…high cost of insurance wasn’t getting covered with low gate reciepts. He’s going to try to track down the original BLUEPRINTS of the track ! …say a family member has them !

dino
        Keymaster

Look what I found in those fantastic Bill Cullen Slides…Bud and his CEGAR handing a trophy to some Happy Hot Rodder in 1964 (Before Charlie T.) now….. who could THAT kid Be ?

[note: heres what you can do ,IF ,you edit brightness & contrast to ‘dark’ originals )…will post Raw original shot to compare.]

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Here’s the Original ….SEE…When we produce the Photo Disc…You can use suggested software AND edit the way YOU Want…light-dark,contrast,crop ,whatever! makes all the dfferance of a “bad ‘ shot to great.BUT …thats Bud alright, brought out of the shadows…and the Kid? you tell me !

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Come on 😮 …nobody knows who that is ????

maso
                    Participant
                        quote dinotheweirdo:

Come on 😮 …nobody knows who that is ????

Maybe that’s the guy in Bethel… with the trophies in his attic…!!! 😉

dino
                        Keymaster

Well….I “thought” it looked a lot like Bill Casey (Young !)….But He E-mailed me and said it wasn’t Close though ! So someday “Maybe” someone will recognize themself OR identify who it is ….it’s in 1964 .

masracingtd1167
                            Participant

No way could that be Bill Casey .He was so ugly as akid they had to tie a pork chop around his neck just to get the dog to play with him!

bossguy
                                    quote masracingtd1167:

No way could that be Bill Casey .He was so ugly as akid they had to tie a pork chop around his neck just to get the dog to play with him!

You took the words right out of my mouth Bill

gramdog1
                                    Participant

Hey you guys, I hung out with Billy, it wasn’t a pork chop, it was a hot dog. 😆 😆

seabake
                                        Participant

I believe the kids name is Jay Ritter, Stamford, friend of John DeLelle. They were both older then me, probably by 3-5 years. Both had 39 or 40 Ford coupes.

dino
                                            Keymaster

Confirmed….JAY RITTER and yes from Stamford.Brian meeting tonight at the Diner in Wingdale his friend …Joe Forte.He’ll be driving Another friends car….original Dover runner -67 chevelle. Brian to give him this photo to give to Jay and Get a bunch of other photos .small world ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.