Cam Busters -Danbury,Ct.

Forums Forums CAR CLUB ROLL CALL…dover days /check in Cam Busters -Danbury,Ct.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Haven’t recieved ANY info on this club …..They ran in early 60’s with all the other clubs BUT no info ….HELP!

gene-terenzio-sr
        Participant

Haven’t recieved ANY info on this club …..They ran in early 60’s with all the other clubs BUT no info ….HELP![/quote

Thats because there on side of the road with busted cams and no one will give them a lift. 😆 😛

dino
            Keymaster

SMOKEY-GROVER-BOB SWANSON any help here ?

dino
                Keymaster

Smokey says they Ran THIS car…want to find out more.

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

Just talked to Leo Macko …he’s in Carmel ,N.Y. ….Original Cam-Buster…Says this “coupe” was really a Pick-up with Bed chopped off. He’s tracking down the other members and should be on here soon.

mackojoan

Hi there brother, Leo. I went on line to check out the website – now I’m on. You need to place some pics on here 🙄

dino
                            Keymaster

Welcome Sister Joan! theres a few places you can “Fill Us in” ….Generaion Gap and good old “NewGuys and girls” for introductions. Joan mailed me that Leo will be on tomorrow.

dino
                                Keymaster

Leo Says he’ll send us some photo’s and fill me in on the Coupe. Had a flathead first ,that lasted ONE day …kablooey ! Then they put in a Desoto ,that held up until the club broke up. Everybody took turns driving. Leo continued racing with his “little Rascal” ’57 Chevy though.

dino
                                    Keymaster

Just In Today !

Hi,
                                        I used to race at Dover with the Cambusters from Danbury with our C-Dragster. I have a lot of photos from those days, the early 60s.
                                        I have photos of all the exhibitions that were there i.e.; Swamp Rat III driven by Connie Swingle, Sneaky Pete Robinson, Spitfire Vs Bounty Hunter, etc. I also have a lot of the regular participants i.e.; The Blown Hearse, Tasmanian Monster, US Mule, Hellsapoppin I & II, Mr. Mopar X/SS, of course our car and many more.
                                        They could be scanned if you want any of them. They were taken with my Kodak Retina with TRI-X film, I have launches with smoke and wheel-stands.
                                        I have 113 photos with cars from all of the classes in 1962/1963 both on the strip and in the pits. It is probably best to sent them all to you. I want to put them in to a smaller modern album anyway. My favorites were the Gassers, love fat-fendered coupes. Todays Pro-Stocks go faster than Swamp Rat III.

Ralph Rand
                                        Sandy Hook, CT …………………..AND he’s “Ralphie” on the Forum -Our latest ODF Premium Member too!

………………………………Already contacted Ralph to get those Great Photos ! Another addition to the ODF Gallerys
                                        I’ve Seen his Shot of Garlits …………AWESOME

alley-oop

When “Alley Oop” blew up in 1962 many of the parts were sold or given to other racers. I was told the front wire wheeld went to the Cambusters for use on this car. they ran side by side in many events. “Alley Oop” is home again and I’m slowly getting back on the project. Merry Christmas!

dino
                                            Keymaster

Ralph Rand sent me this…Find all his great photos from back then,in the ODF Premium Members Galleries and on our Historical Photo Disc .

Attachments:

dino
                                                Keymaster

Ralph sent this too to add to his collection…First “Mr Prunes’ B/C before they hacked off the body and mounted on dragster chassis. Looks like Road Knights lavender Club pick-up in other lane.

Attachments:

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Heres the first Dragster Chassis…Nice pile of trophies ! whos that in the cockpit? theres the Studebacker in the back from “Grease”.

Attachments:

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Pulled this out of His Photo Collection in ODF Galleries …More Trophies!- Square win decals on windshield from -? and whats it say on the door?

Attachments:

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.