Carmel Ford Tribute Car

Forums Forums DINO’S PHOTO PICK OF THE WEEK Carmel Ford Tribute Car

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Just in From Alan Heady in Dunnellon, Florida…He’s been working on this for a year…Got Drake to Ok use of Name…On the phone today ,he says if he’s still alive 😆 …HE WILL Bring It To The Nostalgia Drags.! It’s got a 302 …but a small block 427 is planned.That name on the front fender was his station in Southport til he closed it in ’72.It will be street legal too! His number thats ok to call is 239-404-9306.He operates LCG Kustoms, and does some NICE Hot Rod work! He remembers taking his wife Jane to their First date!….At Dover!..Met her at a Sock Hop the night before. And Billy Masiello would like this…When he was 13-14,to get extra money, he’d run down to the West Port Town Garage to hand shovel salt and sand during snow storms out the back of their trucks,before spreaders were installed. He Thinks the Boccanfuso Bros. Still have their Mopar…West Port area alert ! —-track that item down!. Oh…Were working on Re-lettering it Period Correct Style…

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Heres the start …but not the finished layout for Alans Falcon.

Attachments:

vindicator
            Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey…have been away a few days…spending a lil’ time in Bluegrass country…with Don “Coal Digger” Bowles…one “cool cat” for sure…did receive a photo (s) on my cell phone from Alan…later in my e-mail…Alan had told me his about his “plan” awhile ago…he’s from a very special family…his late dad-Alan…one class “act”…at present we have 5-6 cars around USA/Europe with Carmel Ford “livery”…my dad looking down from above…surely is “emotional” seeing people that care to remember his life “works” 😀 😀 😀 and I’m here to tell ya’…we (family) are truly grateful for your incredible thought-full-ness Alan…must have been something about the “air” in Pawling,NY…know/met some of the best people on the planet in our 30-plus years there…never to be forgotten…thank you,again,Alan…”words” are a bit hard to come by at moment…know you called the other day…will call you this evening (Tuesday)…like the old “Bud” commercial…”love you…man”… 😀 😀 😀 Drake…p.s. headed out to Norway,Sweden,Finland June 15th for a month…with our Euro Top Fuel pal (s) races…8-time Euro Champ,Rune Fjeld & Thomas Nataas (Anderson family/Denmark car)…neat website for Rune…rfmotorsport.com…see how many USA cars you can “identify” (that aren”t indentified)…over the years…there are a “few” ‘eh 😆 😆 😆

storm-king

Wow, Drake, wish I’d known you were in “Bluegrass country”, we live in Kentucky now, we’d have loved to gotten together with you and tied on a feedbag!

alan-heady

dino, im looking for i few more things for the falconator if anyone can help me out , i need a carmel ford name plate, the one the dealer used to put on the back of the new cars. and an old parachute bag. also need to know how drake made the wheeley bars on the falcon. look like they are springs to me thanks. have to finish the dash wireing this weekend and fire her up .then its just seats and a shifter and im on thr road

vindicator
                        Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey Alan…sorry no call to you…been late last couple days…the Hot Rod “Power Tour” is ending/coming to Charlotte/Z-MAX…Roush is having huge open-house deal…Friday…expecting/preparing for big turn-out…so…way too many hours this week for a “old goat” like me…a “dirty” job “hoss”…but someone’s gotta’ do it…’eh!!! 😆 😆 😆 will call when I can…knowing we’ll chat awhile…send me (e-mail) your mailing address…will send you a parachute pack…and have a couple original Carmel Ford decals/emblems too…lastily original wheelie bar setup…arched leaf springs…later added vertical rear shocks…if you can…look at photo Phil Bonner’s Orange ’65 car (Falcon-Daddy Warbucks)…also very similar to early deal on many pro stock Vegas… 😀 😀 😀 Drake…p.s hey Storm King guys…over last 2-3 years been to Kentucky several times each year…love the state/people…will take you up on your “offer”…maybe soon…ya’ heah!!! 😆 😆 😆

don-kauer

Al you old F–K …………..Glad you’re still kicking..Sorry I missed you the last time up…..The car looks great..You know the ole Drakester and me go back a long way..(since the 60’s) Pleasantville!!!Hey Al and Drake…Shout me up when you get a chance… 😎 …..Don………. 🙂

vindicator
                                Participant

😀 😀 😀 Dearest Don…miss ya’ …will be up to tri-state…after up-coming trip to “hinterlands” (Europe)…the 60’s???!!!***…seems like just yesterday 😆 😆 😆 …how ’bout what happened to the 70’s-80’s 90’s…inquiring “minds” wanna’ know 😆 😆 😆 …the new millennium…it’s 13 years and counting…too…the good news…is…nobody…but nobody…can take those years /memories from us…they were in a word…SPECIAL…don’t know if we could have “lived the life” in a better era…hope all is well for you Don…in all ways…U are often in my thoughts…only the good “thoughts” ‘eh… 😆 😆 😆 love ya’ “hoss”… 😀 😀 😀 Drake…Pleasantville…yikes…spent the first 13 years on the planet there…20-plus a lil’ later on (Pawling/great country living town/people for 30 plus as well)…the very best personal times of my life…met all the “cats”…like you…the very best…on the planet bar none!… great memories…were/are…made of this…did always tell you…I’m a lucky guy for sure…:D 😀 😀 Drake

dino
                                    Keymaster

Al related “theres No excuse now not to come to the Drags…just bought a new Trailer” His website was down…having his son fix that. I’ll call him later for an update.

don-kauer

Hey Drake 😎 Back attacha bro 😀 …Hope you and yours are doing well and are all healthy ……Love ya bro 😎 ..Don..

dino
                                            Keymaster

We’re switching the colors of lettering to “Ford Blue” on white car….Alan…I’ll contact you to ‘adjust’ those measurments you sent…Going with a look like the the original Red Car in photo…for the “Carmel Ford’ on door.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.