Casey Engineering.Yonkers,N.Y.

Forums Forums SPEED SHOPS from Dover’s past Casey Engineering.Yonkers,N.Y.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    bobrizzi

I guess that I will be the first to post about this famous shop on Tuckahoe Road,Yonkers N.Y. home of SUPER PUMPKIN,SUPER GOAT and a lot of fast cars whether they be street or strip.Bill Casey built every car as if it was his own. He was way ahead of his time and to me personally he was not only the guy who helped me build my Chevelle but he was a good friend.After work all the guys from the area would hang out at Billy’s just to get a shot to see what he was doing either on the 57′,building someones motor or modifying things to make them work ala BILL Casey.When you needed any advice Bill would always be there to help out. Whether it be the right cam or proper rear set up he was always right on the money and when it came to payment for services rendered most of the times he would say don’t worry about it.When it came to Speed Parts he would always give us the “CASEY LIST”….. Go to Fred’s or go up to Bryne Bros and give it to Jerry.One time he sent me out to Jersey to Jessel’s shop to get my block done (427 l-88) with his list ….. the guys were amazed at what this Irish Guy from Yonkers,N.Y. wanted done but it all worked ,then again no one ever questioned the Great Bill Casey !!! I might be partial because I was a Yonkers Boy and ran out of Billy’s Shop but Drag Racing has 2 LEGENDS FROM YONKERS N.Y. ONE FRED EGLOFF AND THE OTHER MY FRIEND BILL CASEY. Bob Rizzi

dino
        Keymaster

CASEY RIDES AGAIN !

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Super Squash…Now in Sweden !

Attachments:

don-kauer

Billy and I had phone sex today……………Amazing, right Billy?……………… 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

bobrizzi

Don, DO NOT GET BILLY EXCITED AT HIS AGE IT IS DANGEROUS…..

bobrizzi

BILLY COME ON THE CARS …. Mike’s SUPER GOAT & El Camino, My Chevelle,Ozzie’s Chevelle, Stangerone’s Vette,Arancio’s Chevelle,Massella’s Chevelle,Murrays Vette,Dump’s Chevelle,Loscalzo’ Nova,Gruppusso’s Nova,Fitzpatrick’s GTO,DiAmbrosio’s Nova etc. etc.Now everybody knows that I am Italian but you ran an actual “HIT SQUAD ” OF FAST CARS IN YONKERS,NY. RIZ~~

bobrizzi

Just got off the phone with THE MAN FROM YONKERS,NY WILD BILL CASEY!!!! Nothing like talking Drag Racing with the Legend from Yonkers,New York RIZ~~

tomatohead
                                Participant

….. Tuckahoe Road Yonkers NY ……. ❓ ❓ what was the street number ❓ whats in that buiding now ❓ ❓ I go to Torre Bros Lumber to deliver cement all the time just off Tuckahoe Rd. please let me know 😀 …… tomatohead

bobrizzi

You are on the other side of town 3x and Fred’s Speed Shop was where you were.The other side of Tuckahoe Road was CASEY LAND…… Past Roosevelt up the hill on the right hand side there is a gas station , in the back is a row of garages.When Billy left they put up a monument of SUPER PUMPKIN AND A LARGE CAN OF IRISH BEER !!!!! RIZ~~`

bobrizzi

Donnie I forgot to post this under Casey Engineering Billy reminded of this yesterday.Back in the day Mr. Casey not only worked on the cars in the shop on Tuckahoe Road but he also ran a MOVIE THEATER back there…… HA! HA! BILLY !

tomatohead
                                            Participant

……….. A MOVIE THEATER 😆 ❗ Thats FUNNY 😆 😆 ………. but with those directions I think I can find the place , maybe take some “now” pitures ……… maybe Ill see if any movies are playin” 😆 ….. I “guess” they where “home movies ” of “Casey” runnin” his car at Dover ……….. 😆 ❗ ………………………… I can only imagine

bobrizzi

Donnie was on the phone yesterday with THE IRISH GUY why does he always talk good about you….. Riz~~

don-kauer

Riz, I saw Billy Friday afternoon when he got down here..Saturday we hooked up at 8:00 AM and did the Dover thing with him, Fred Egloff, Jim Bellino and everyone else….What a day.. We laughed the whole time…I left the guys about 5:30 PM and Billy and I had coffee Sunday morning before he left…Great weekend..You’ve got to get up here the next time he’s here……..Don…

bobrizzi

Freddy,Jimmy B and Casey now that is Yonkers, N.Y.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.