Cash for Clunkers

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Cash for Clunkers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    anthonyc

The federal Gov. is trying to pass this bill in the economic stimulus package that would give an incentive to get rid of you old car. I know most of us here dont want that. Please contact your elected officials and tell them you are opposed.You can find more info here.

http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?ID=/content/SEMASANcom/HomePage

cyv

I’ve been following this. The Cash for clunkers was dropped, however new legislation (S 247 and H.R. 520) has been introduced in Congress to create a national vehicle scrappage program which will give U.S. tax dollars to consumers who turn-in their “gas guzzlers” to have them crushed.

Contact Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Rep. Henry Waxman (D-CA) Immediately to Oppose S. 247 and H.R. 520

The so-called “Accelerated Retirement of Inefficient Vehicles Act” is Cash for Clunkers with a twist. Instead of focusing exclusively on older cars, this program would target vehicles with low fuel economy ratings of any model year. Participants would receive cash vouchers ranging from $2,500 to $4,500 based on the model year and whether the replacement vehicle was a more fuel-efficient new car or used car (MY 2004 or later). Fuel-efficient is defined as getting at least 25 percent better mileage for the corporate average fuel economy (CAFE) target for its class. The bill sponsors want to scrap up to one million cars a year for at least four years.

There is no evidence that the program would achieve the goal of boosting new car sales or increasing fuel mileage. Many states have considered scrappage programs in the past as a way to help clean the air or increase mpg, but abandoned the effort because they simply don’t work. The programs are not cost-effective and do not achieve verifiable air quality or fuel economy benefits, but they do have a devastating impact on the many small businesses that market products and services for the scrapped cars. Not to mention spare parts, etc. that would be gone forever.

Please contact Senator Diane Feinstein and Rep. Henry Waxman today to urge their opposition to S. 247 and H.R. 520.

Contact Sen. Dianne Feinstein to oppose S. 247
            (202) 224-3841
            Fax: (202) 228-3954

Contact Henry Waxman to oppose HR 520
            (202) 225-2927
            Fax: (202) 225-2525

Also, for you motorcyclists out there in Connecticut. there is no proposed helmet use bills as of right now. Right now.

There is a House Bill 5294 which essentially says if you have been cited 2 or more times for noise violations it would provide for the suspension of the registration of the motorcycle. FYI.

dino
            Keymaster

Let me get this straight…You can get 2500.-4500 for your Gas-guzzler “Turned in to government” TO REPLACE IT as in BUY a good gas car.WHAT HAPPENED TO THE “TRADE-IN value…you loose that ?.If they just would accept gas-hogs for cash…we could all make a buck.”

cyv

Gov’t been trying to get old cars off the roads for awhile. EPA and all that tree hugging crap.

I wonder if I can stuff a big block in one of those Smart cars…..hmm….

vbob
                    Participant

Hey

Cy,
                        Good to see you here,hey,you in on the Dover Drag Strip race at Island when we get a final date??
                        gotta get Mr.Dunn in a match race with you !!

‘V’ Bob

cyv
                            quote video Bob:

Hey

Cy,
                            Good to see you here,hey,you in on the Dover Drag Strip race at Island when we get a final date??
                            gotta get Mr.Dunn in a match race with you !!

‘V’ Bob

Hey Bob,
                            Thanks. Yes I am definitely in! A match race with Kevin would be awesome!

vbob
                            Participant

Hey
                                Cy, talked to Mr. Dunn last nite he’s in !!!

‘V’

cyv
                                    quote video Bob:

Hey
                                    Cy, talked to Mr. Dunn last nite he’s in !!!

‘V’

Cool!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.