Charleston, R.I. – 1959

Forums Forums ANY OTHER PHOTOS Charleston, R.I. – 1959

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    cullyflower

Maso You got it. 1934 ford. Charlie 😀 😀

maso
        Participant
            quote TomBlake:

Dino… But you know what, it was more fun way back than. Everyone came up with their own ideas or modified other ideas that seemed to work… I know we can’t go back but we can re-live those days through places like this site.

Rrrr…IGHT…!!! 😎 😎 😎

Hay Tom…

I found a way to say exactly the same thing with a little poetic liscence of my own over at this thread. Go see: http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24

I hope you enjoy my prose, poetry, humor and photo trix…!!! 😆
            T.V. Tommy loved it…! Add a comment there if you like it…! 😛

tomblake
            Participant

NOW THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT. Horsepower? 192 valves, never make the turnaround time of today’s standards. Could double as a tractor puller. Imagination is all it took back than and it could never happen today. That looks like a long time project even if it was only on the computer.

maso
                Participant
                    quote TomBlake:

NOW THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT. Horsepower? 192 valves, never make the turnaround time of today’s standards. Could double as a tractor puller. Imagination is all it took back than and it could never happen today. That looks like a long time project even if it was only on the computer.

Yeah Man…!!! We went up to the line with both our works AND our ideas…and you hadda’ love THAT…!!!

That’s what a “Mean Mojo” can do…!!!

😀

I showed this to Tommy Ivo and he loved it…

I showed it to Pete Garramone and he said “Don’t you have anything better to do…!”

I showed it to Shirley Muldowney and she said “Give me a break…!”

I showed it to Don Garlits and he said “It’s wonderful what computers can do”

I showed it to Tony Nancy and he said “Leave me alone” ( no… not really, but he seemed sort of disinterested )

I showed it to Tony Waters and he just smiled.

jimv

I still see Richie Soars alot, we did work together.The pictures are of a car club he was in called the “dragin’ flys” of Attleboro, Ma.
                        He just got a old club plaque off someone & had it redone, looks really great.
                        “swank” parking lot is still there, its next to where i work.also Charleston dragstrip is now a park,Called Ninagert park on rt 1 in RI.The complete strip was there up to about 12 yrs ago, now they chopped them all up into walking paths.I still go there alot.about 25 yrs ago it looked like it did the day the gov. deserted it, now all the buildings are gone.
                        I was living in NY when the strip ran but i heard it was great.
                        Thats all the info i can give ya!!
                        jimV

maso
                        Participant

Thank you Jim.

We both lived in Yonkers at the same time but didn’t know each other. We both did know Anthony “Tinny” Vistano who ran a 1940 Chevy Gas Coupe at Dover. I wish I could find a picture of it. Tinny and my brother doubledated with their future wives at the Roosevelt Highschool senior prom and they both live in the Denver area now.

Thanx… for the good information on Richard’s pictures. People here on this board are interested.

jimv
                                quote Maso:

Thank you Jim.

We both lived in Yonkers at the same time but didn’t know each other. We both did know Anthony “Tinny” Vistano who ran a 1940 Chevy Gas Coupe at Dover. I wish I could find a picture of it. Tinny and my brother doubledated with their future wives at the Roosevelt Highschool senior prom and they both live in the Denver area now.

Thanx… for the good information on Richard’s pictures. People here on this board are interested.

Didn’t “tinny” run a primer 57 chevy convert? I rememebr people saying it was the fastest car in yonkers!1
                                jimV

maso
                                Participant
                                    quote jimv:

quote Maso:

Thank you Jim.

Didn’t “tinny” run a primer 57 chevy convert? I rememebr people saying it was the fastest car in yonkers!
                                    jimV

Maybe… I didn’t know about it. He is a pilot now and flys freight planes. Maybe for Kalitta. but I don’t know that.

billy-casey

I remember the 57 chevy convertable …. Hilborn Injection , headers were straight pipe out the fenders , totally striped , real raty lookin , but VERY FAST … use to race Freedomland during the winter . he was going out with a girl that lived on Colonial drive in Yonkers in back of school #28 … Billy

maso
                                        Participant
                                            quote Billy Casey:

… he was going out with a girl that lived on Colonial drive in Yonkers in back of school #28 … Billy

Julie…

They have two daughters. Divorced now.

timh

towed the MODIFERS b/d to R.I. with my 58 chevy impala 283 racer brown 36r, roller cam 4 deuce carbs, stock mufflers, headers were capped.GOT a ticket for too loud pulling out off toll booth on I 95. the sound he heard thru the 365 louvers in the hood, was the 4 rochchesters sucking down some of chets, shell gas. got to the track early,the seagulls were dropping clams from 100 ft. up on the concrete to break them open. first time with 4:56 gear in rail, pulled a 5 ft high wheelie off the line still had the small HEMMI in the rail. i think we ran low 11,s TIM hallock

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.