Clarence Davenport?

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Clarence Davenport?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jaywood

I’ve heard the name many times and know he was the original owner of Chucks Camaro, but what ever happend to Clarence? Does anyone know his story? -Jason

dino
        Keymaster

Jay…’Missing in Action” we tracked him down almost a year ago to a possable phone number connection …”in someones elses name” even ,and never got a return phone call. He’s keeping quite a ‘low’ p’rofile. Maybe if the guys ever run in to him ,we’ll get some kind of response.

jaywood

Is it possible that he might have moved to North Carolina? My grandfather used to take his cars to a Clarence Davenport near Mt.Airy N.C. He did body and repair work, had a couple of race cars on his lot in various states of assembly, all chevy drag cars (Camaros and Novas) A couple of years back we were visiting my cousins and drove past his old garage. It was under new ownership and in the fenced in lot was a Chevy ramp truck just like the one in the picture with the Davenport Camaro. It was nosed up to the tree line and said Clarence Davenport with a North Carolina address and phone number. Sadly the North Carolina Clarence Davenport had passed away in ( I believe ) the early 2000’s. My grandfather had said that Clarance had told him that he wasn’t local but had moved there from New York. My grandfather passed away in the late 80’s but I asked my father about Clarance and he remembers the story the same way. Wonder if it could have been him? If not it’s was a very similar man leading a very similar life. -Jason

don-kauer

J & B does a lot of work for the Mt. Vernon Boyz……..Eddie Jackson, Morris and the crew…Clarence Davenport was part of that crew……Great guy…….Casey and I knew him well and ran him on the Hutch many times……..I will check with Ingles Tuesday and get back to you guys on his whereabouts………………….. 😕

bobrizzi
                        quote donkauer:

J & B does a lot of work for the Mt. Vernon Boyz……..Eddie Jackson, Morris and the crew…Clarence Davenport was part of that crew……Great guy…….Casey and I knew him well and ran him on the Hutch many times……..I will check with Ingles Tuesday and get back to you guys on his whereabouts………………….. 😕

Donnie, “Fast Eddie ” Jackson & Clarence Davenport now you are talking street racing……Cloud Nine,Mount Vernon it used to be one of the best hookups for the Hutch…….they used to come in with the fire dept and “hose down” the streets to get us out of there.We took the Chevelle down one night doing some pre…… burnouts by Brush Park I think Casey might have been there all of a sudden some Dodge or Plymouth pulls up and some guy with a handle bar moustache is in the car one guy yells SWEENEY everybody flew …….Now you were from Mount Vernon how many times did you meet officer Sweeney………I had a customer of mine named Woody he is Clarence’s stepbrother I saw him around Christmas time he said Clarence was doing okay…..he had a little female trouble that caused him a big problem…….It must have been another Davenport in the earlier post. I know somebody at one of the warehouses that I pick up parts from his father had the small repair shop by Sharp Blvd and was good friends with Clarence I will find out if he knows….. where he is now. Riz~~~

dino
                        Keymaster

Good Deal Riz…think his no phone response was cause # we found was THE girl problem # .

jaywood

Cool to know that Clarence is still around somewhere and doin’ ok. Would be cool to know more about him. – Jason

bobrizzi

I wiil give it a shot on Tuesday when everything re opens. I am getting a little senile ( come on Kauer I am waiting here for a reply….. ) but his step brother said he was coming back to NY now that everything ,,,,,,, was over. Riz~~

bobrizzi

Dino just called in my guy Gene ,he said he will ask his father tonight about Clarence he said he akso knows his step brother Woody so he will let me know. Riz~~

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.