Coffee & Donut Report April. 19-what did U do ?

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Coffee & Donut Report April. 19-what did U do ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Ok busy week ….not much time to Do my usual Forum thing…Reg. work seems to be picking up. But Did get some more work done on Nostalgia Drags Flyer and did get A printer that’s a Racer to help us with the Print Cost a little. Sweetened up the Sponsor-Booster promotion…. :
        Heres the Breakdown…..
        …………………………$100. “Booster”… Recieve Event T-shirt, Participant Decal AND Participant Dash Plaque with Listing on the Forum and in Souvineer program
        …………………………$250. “Associate Sponsor”…..Recieve 2 T-shirts, Patrticipant Decal,Participant Dash Plaque With Listing On the Forum ,souvineer program AND Listing on Event Flyer
        …………………………$500, “EVENT SPONSOR”……Same as Associate Plus Signage At Track -Starting Line and 2 other “Photo Op” signs.
        Call for details ….Dino -910-997-4444 days 8-5

We Did Recieve New Vintage 8mm from Tommy Day , And while on the subject …will be going to Rockingham Dragway this week to Interview Bobby Sr for the Big Video. Perfect setting with candid shots of him working on Car. Also recieved some more Photos From John Delelle and MORE slides ! .Got Even More Slides coming from 2 other sources. Papasmurf almost has the Photo CD program “built”-(From Scratch) to put the Entire ODF Collection on a Printable with size choice CD. Lot of “programming …and Test N Tune with it. Oh 😯 Got a UGH- Dentist visit this Wed. Doing a “rebuild” so I’ll be “out of It ” all day …Hope to “recover ” by Thurs. Want to be able to Dig into Tomatoheads FRESH CORN !……………………………………SO000ooo…What did U do ?

dino
        Keymaster

By the way….Looks like (We’ll See)….The Server engineers have Fixed the Forum slow load problem…two days now …I’ve had no problem all day and night posting and navigating.

tomatohead
            Participant

“King Corn” ❗ is actually back from FLA, and I went down to Somers to check – in with the “folks” and pick up all the oranges they brought me back from FLA 😀 ❗ “Corn”s cleaning up the farm for another year ❗ this will be the 53 th year ❗ …….when I left I went back to my “homestead” and cleaned up my garden area too so there will be plently of corn and tomatoes this year 😆 😀 ❗

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

YUM 😀

randy-fish

Went to Fontana Friday (17th) and Sunday (19th) for the Division 7 JEGS Sportsnationals. I shot a round of Stock and Super Stock on Friday and banged out a feature on Jimmie DeFrank’s A/SA ’69 Camaro, and Alan Ellis’ T Roadster that runs A/Altered-Planetary with power by WJ.

Saturday, I stayed home and worked on the intro for Part 3 of “Funny Car Evolution, From Stone Age to Space Age.”

Sunday, the forecast was for hotter (unseasonable) temps than Saturday’s 85, and they were right. I left home at 8:00 and it was 68. I got to Fontana about 50 minutes later and it was already 86 (it sucks out there). Not to mention, the winds were blowing like crazy, so they switched all the action from quarter-mile to eight-mile competition for the day. I just stayed long enough to shoot Fred Moreno’s wheelstanding, ’70 Mustang (428) Super Stocker and got home by 10:30. By the time I got back to North Orange County, it was heading towards 90 and eventually re-set the record in Fullerton, topping out at 95.

Tuesday, I have to sit down with Steve Plueger and Robert Hight to go over all the chassis mods for 2009, referred to as the “three-rail” chassis(for Part 3). I spent a morning with Robert Hight and Jimmie Prock in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago shooting photos, since all the new cars run out of their Brownsburg, Indiana, shop and they have none out here (in Yorba Linda). That’s about it. Oh yeah, today’s supposed to be 100 and by Friday we’ll be back in the 60s.
                        Time for Round Two of my daily CoffeeTime. Cheers . . . RF

anthony-r-terenzio

Randy. is Allan Ellis realeated to Ron Ellis of altered fame??

randy-fish
                                quote ANTHONY R. TERENZIO:

Randy. is Allan Ellis related to Ron Ellis of altered fame??

I doubt it, Anthony. I think Alan Ellis is from Utah. Quite a car, though — Neil & Parks chassis, Lencodrive, and plenty of tricks.

By the way, your feature comes out the second week of next month. Mickey gave me some great info, so I made sure to take very good care of Ryco.

Hey . . . you may even see me at Englishtown!

Attachments:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.