Coffee & Donut Report/ June 7…What Did U Do?

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Coffee & Donut Report/ June 7…What Did U Do?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

We have just been busy all week with the Reg. Job….. lot of dumb rain messing with things. Did ya see the flooding in Florida ? BEST NEWS this week is Bill Casey IS home…recuperating. Hey- he went through 4 surgeries in 3 weeks !. Had good talk on phone with him . He’s resting ‘between rounds’ ….and on the road to getting back at it soon. Said he’ll be checking in soon here.Talked to a number of Dover Guys on phone this week. Good stuff Being posted by new guys. Looks like everybody having a busy weekend….well—- I’ll add some more later. More coffee ! Hows the Car builds going ? and keep us posted on racing activity. what did you do?

randy-fish

Had a great time doing a book signing (see attached) at Auto Books-Aero Books in Burbank. My buddy Lou Hart wrote it, did the research and assembled all the photos, while I copy-edited the whole thing and wrote the introduction. Included in the book are photos of Paul Gommi, A&B Speed Shop, the Mr. Boston AA/FD, Jon Pulver — over 300 images all together.

Signing along with Lou and I were Carl Olson (Kuhl & Olson), Bob Muravez (aka Floyd Lippencotte Jr.), driver of the Freight Train AA/GD, and photographer, Tom West. Unfortunately, Tommy Ivo and Roland Leong each had prior commitments and McEwen was home nursing a back ache.

The gorgeous Yeakel Plymouth Special AA/FD was on display and “Spider” Razon stopped by, one of the original partners on the “Dead End Kids” AA/FD with “Rapid Red” Lang, out of Brooklyn, New York. That was the first fuel dragster I ever saw at Connecticut Dragway (around 1962) and I’ve been hooked ever since. There was plenty of bench racing (or B-S-ing) and a good time was had by all.

Auto Books-Aero Books is on Magnolia, just off Hollywood Way and the store is frequented regularly by Jay Leno. He didn’t show yesterday, but the last time I was there he tooled up in a Stanley Steamer!

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Forum Guy Report….Re: Plain Busted (Andy P.)
                Just got off Phone with him, as he e-mailed me that he was on a I V ! . . .So thought I’d check it out ! seems no big deal …but got a staph or strep infection after visiting a local hospital for something else. He had a minor gall bladder attack,was treated Ok for that ….Then had complications, that has him on anti-biotics and kind of ‘layed up’ for a couple of weeks.If you know Andy…he was quite verbal and “flowery” in his assesment of his treatment. That kinds of puts the skids to his fixing up his Camaro to run the Nostalgia Drags…Blown Motor (Big Block damaged)…..same old story a lot of us expeariencing….time and bucks to finish the car. Seems he has both problems now with this unexpected “bump in the Road”. No biggie…he’s fine and healing good. Frustrating though.

vbob
                Participant

HEY

Found my way out of the attic last nite ,gotta get ready to go to Hartford for a 7.30 show of RAIN !!
                    Beautiful weather here in Connecticut!!
                    Rollllllllllllll another one just like the other one!!
                    Gonna give ESPN one more chance and watch the Chicago race on hdtv at 4pm,if they show JF on his pit bike one more time!!!

‘V’

Attachments:

randy-fish
                        quote video Bob:

HEY Found my way out of the attic last nite ,gotta get ready to go to Hartford for a 7.30 show of RAIN !!
                        Beautiful weather here in Connecticut!!
                        Rollllllllllllll another one just like the other one!!
                        Gonna give ESPN one more chance and watch the Chicago race on hdtv at 4pm,if they show JF on his pit bike one more time!!! ‘V’

You GO, V-B!
                        I went to the Bushnell Memorial Hall several times in the mid-to-late ’60s. I saw The Doors (3rd Row Orchestra seats), Jimi Hendrix (1st Row Balcony seats), Steppenwolf (don’t remember where I sat), and others. Great old venue!

masracingtd1167
                        Participant

Went to Epping with BJ yesterday for Top Dragster race lost second round . Home today a little yard work then back in the garage for some work on my dragster .Hoping to be ready for divisional at Lebanon.

maso
                            Participant
                                quote dinotheweirdo:

…. Did ya see the flooding in Florida ? …

Sure did… up close and personal like.

I love the purple dragster. It’s very much like the one my brother built back in the day. His was a Don Long chassis, purple body, gold letters with the number 44. It had black frame rails, no body work before the engine and a blown hemi. They took it to Numedia Dragway on the way back from the 1967 March Meet where they failed to qualify with a 7.41 ET at 203 mph. They just put on a new set of Goodyears that expanded more than the old M&H’s due to the centrifigual forces and the zoom headers made contact with the tire surface. The dragster was clocked at 140+ mph upside down and backwards through the traps, total wreak. The driver did some hospital time and now runs a modern FED. We had it there at Rockingham once and I was there.

dino
                                Keymaster

just vacuumed the pool ………………………..that sucked………………………..ha-ha . . I made a funny

hearse-bill

Well…dad and I went to Lebanon Valley for the Nostalgia Drags…..Dad bulbed in the first round…oh well……nice day ….and lots of my local racong friends there….so…next week back to the stude…..new springs all the way around…and new chassis set up….I will keep you posted….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.