Coffee & Donut Report March 29..what did U do?

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Coffee & Donut Report March 29..what did U do?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Ok guys…Been a Busy week for Both my Reg. Job and doing all the Dover Stuff: Just got a “38 Chevy Pick-up in to Custom Paint – PURPLE….my all time favorite color . ….small block…glass fenders…Nice Cruiser…the “boys’ will be sanding and taping all week. See a “spike’ in over all business …better than normal…But On the “Dover Front” …plenty of action!…hard to keep up: First…lost Dover Guys find there way “home” …to the site… Paul Gommi , Dennis Kuriami, (Dragmaster East), Jo-Ann Swett (Granddaughter Of Fred & Marion Rouff), John Macey Jr,.Doug in Texas…and a bunch more. Forum count up as well as new ODF’s. ………….. Our Tin Signs arrived ! and all who ordered ,were shpped ,with some recieved already. THEY are Cool ! better than I expected ….Even Randy Fish has one (now on his new office wall)……Working on the next designs as well as finalizing art for Nostalgia Drags LOGO fo Flyer,decals and shirts….Speaking of the Drags… Hope to be announcing the latest updates this week….new Sponsors…THANKS TO Sponsor no.1- City Carting ! -(Anthony Terenzio)…we’re getting plenty of promotion on it all over , websites, publications,etc. Some of that info ,on the forum. Worked out a plan to come up 3-4 days before Sept. REUNION in Danbury to letter cars …First one will be to recreate LARSEN FORD layout on Tomatoheads project (He went and talked to Bill Kold and its a GO!) ANYBody ELSE ..contact me …thinking Whalen Bros “Whinemaker”, Digger Dave and all the rest …SO we can Pull in to REUNION for the Pre-Race “‘Dover Senior Race Team ” dislpay.
        ……………..Suggest you use “Search” featiur and check all the pages! lot of new posts this week…browse around ! Gotta get another Cup and add to this a little later…fingers hurt ….What Did YOU DO….Dino

randy-fish

Simple answer . . . as little as possible. Made my deadline last Wednesday, but had to pack my office at the same time. I never got home before 7:30 all last week, but managed to go through over four years of “stuff,” tossed a bunch, moved lots of it home (mostly framed wall hangings that couldn’t be replaced), and crated the rest. I finished at noon on Friday, went to lunch with McEwen and they shut the network down at 1:00.

Problem is, our old location had 36 offices and the new building has 13. So for the first time in almost 20 years of editorial work, I’m expected to sit in a f@#%ing cubicle! Sorry to sound like an elitist @$$hole, but about all I expect from this company is: a paycheck that cashes, a modest travel budget, sheetrock walls, windows, and a door. Looks like I’ll have to clean out the “Home Office,” as I’m not a cubicle guy. I need my space. Our parent company is doing all it can to move clerical (and production) jobs to India. McEwen says, “We’re training our replacements.” It’s a dark time out here near “The Happiest Place on Earth.” I know, I know . . . at least I have a job. I look forward to sniffing some nitro next week in Las Vegas. Carry on, DoverDrivers . . . carry on.

patina
            Participant

I worked on the MG with brother linguine on friday then woke up past my wake-up call on saturday and almost missed my flight to Snowmass Colorado for a week of skiing and other winter games. Its the DAV winter sports clinic, I might even make it on a film clip of the event. I’ll be back to working on the car next week.

From snowy Colorado, Pat

storm-king

I’m with Randy today! Little as possible is my goal. We’ve been putting together a new product line for a guy out of the left coast (friend of McEwen) who sells executive goodies, like carbon fiber pens, wallets, and such. We’re going to start making our carbon fiber switch plates and outlet covers for home, office, and garage, which we’ve been doing for about ten years now; but have never marketed them. So this guy has some serious production numbers for us. Yesterday I fought with a new tool we’re building for the Buell dragbikes, and it wore we out. I made myself a nice egg white omlet this morning with ham and onion, japalenos, and pepperjack cheese. Baked some catfish for everyone for lunch, and Gail has a nice meatloaf in the oven for diner. I am spending some time on the resistance websites, like resistnet.com and usteaparty, keeping up with how we are going to get this lunatic government back under control. (this is not about parties, this is about constitutional authority) I’ll be flying up to Wahington DC on April 15th to join the National Tea Party Protest. I’d be happy to see anyone from here that might be going. I’m flying up in the morning, flying home in the evening, and then turning around and headed right back up there on the 22nd – 24th to meet with all my representatives in the federal government. I love cars, but I love my country more.

john-sachs-sr
                    Participant

Naturally church.Then an on and off again day of rain,no riding for me.Watching NHRA racing,and surfing on the net.Wifey made an excellant manicotti and sausage diner,and now I’ll watch NHRA final Pro eliminations.
                        Dino,ask Chink about the cornfield episode when he came down to visit me.DON’T POST the story !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😎
                        John

tomatohead
                        Participant

I do a “little ” every week end and its finelly just starting to add up to something ,thought I would be testing out the car in the “driveway” but BOY was I wrong 😆 guess I test out the car when it says so 😆 ❗ ……”TH”

dino
                            Keymaster

Hey forgot 😮 my Daughters Birthday today….al the kids just left and I’m off the get some pizza (kids love pizza-me too ) for din-din.Then hit the drawing board on Dover Stuff.

dino
                                Keymaster

John S. Just the ‘Title’ of that “episode sounds PG.. Can you reply to the “Chink” post and fill us In on him …Did HE replace the “Blue Goose” ? and who was the first ?

hvy70ss
                                    Participant

Not much this week……most tracks here got rain on and off for any test and tune. Checking out NMCA Florida online. Went to see Shinedown at The Chance in Poughkeepsie last night…awesome show. Heinekens were good too!!

Bob

john-sachs-sr
                                        Participant
                                            quote dinotheweirdo:

John S. Just the ‘Title’ of that “episode sounds PG.. Can you reply to the “Chink” post and fill us In on him …Did HE replace the “Blue Goose” ? and who was the first ?

I could be wrong(old age),but as I recall Harry “Blue Goose” Loeber(blue ’60 Chev.Bel Air)was the first full time announcer.”Chink” may have been fill in.
                                            John 🙂

dino
                                            Keymaster

Hey -got Chink’s Phone and will pick his brain …and find out about the “cornfield” …and Smokey says he announced from 63-65- ish …Blue Goose before .

dino
                                                Keymaster

Hey John…Chink says Hi and TOLD me about the “cornfield ” ! Though he would wet his pants laughing ,when I mentioned it….Well about all I can relate here is …..He was in the back seat wondering “what should I do now ?” as he watched you. ….suggested it to his freind and got turned down. ……..’wild summer nights’ – Eddie & the Cruisers

he also figured, HE announced Before “the Goose’

masracingtd1167
                                                    Participant

Mas racing is realy busy trying to get my new motor finished .went to dyno with Billy Griffin the other day .trying to get his car ready for the open at Atco.BJ is hard at work on his car putting a nitrous set up on it .Hope the weather is good for this weekend we want to get the C\EA record back from Fletcher.

digger

gtood luck billy

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.