COFFEE/DONUT Report sun.Feb.22 What didU DO?

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION COFFEE/DONUT Report sun.Feb.22 What didU DO?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Heres A quick Wrap-up of Our week…..Worked non-stop with our California Connection to Do Art, back & forth, a,lot of Photo Shop Graphics…production details and then re-build the whole “Store” here at the site, to include all the new additions..re-build the click to pay pages to match and print to pay page …whew! Then we negotiated and got final Film footage SHIPPED of all the 8mm we had sent out for conversion for our Big Video. FINALLY…its comin back…THIs will put ‘papasmurf ‘ in our editting room next week to start the “build ‘ format …we’re underway. Should be VERY interesting what we see on the footage !!! some guys totally forgot what they had …not seeing it for years with the old projector broken way back when…..We will see if we can “extract’ some “clips” and put up an “exclusive” teaser to view things never seen before. Plus all the usual Regular sign and “drag-paint’ ….we got busy. Note: Dealing with local business folk here in our little county…it looks like enterprising Americans ,are trying things to do thier own “Stimulus” and we have a bunch of work (Signs) as they try opening new things to make a buck……What Did YOU do!!!!

dino
        Keymaster

Patina report:
            I’m a little ahead of”What did you do this weekend” but we have been moving along on a daily basis. The front fenders and splash apron are in primer and ready for paint, thanks to Curt Birmbaum an H/Gasser 50 ford coupe that ran at Dover a few times. I made up a pattern for the radiator 16″ x 20″ in case anyone has an aluminum one. Roll bar tubing is at Windustry in Pok. I’m picking it up monday. Going to try and post some pictures.

Pat

PS file to big max is 256 KiB whatever that means.

randy-fish

Did a little rubbin’ on the roadster, testing some new chrome and metal polish from Turtlewax. I rubbed on the hairpins, axle, steering arms, and grille, which are all chromed. Then I thought I’d try it on aluminum, so I did the front wheels, the Ram Jet plenum, and valve covers, using the Mothers mini Power Ball on a drill. Came out alright. However, the center sections of my American Racing Salt Flat Specials are made out of garbage aluminum. You can polish ’em all day long and they still look cloudy (and a lot like you didn’t polish ’em at all). I love the way they look and the car sits righteous, but otherwise, I hate those friggin’ wheels.

About the time my finger tips were black, the phone rang. It was one of our other editors wanting to know if I could buzz down the street to load the car on our Evaluation Trailer for some photos. So we knocked that out. Hey, if any of you guys are in the market for a trailer (utility, open tilt ramp, or enclosed), a very good friend of mine owns H&H Trailers and they’re some of the best haulers out there.

Later, I did dinner with Jimmy Rossi (Yeakel Plymouth Special AA/FD), Lou Hart, who does drag racing coffee table books, and another former drag racer/roadster buddy. Got home just in time to watch the Phoenix qualifying show.

dino
                Keymaster

Randy…Could you explain “load on evaluation trailer for photos” why and how does that work…just curious.?

randy-fish
                        quote dinotheweirdo:

Randy…Could you explain “load on evaluation trailer for photos” why and how does that work…just curious.?

Thanks to my connections, the editor of Street Trucks talked my buddy into loaning him a trailer for editorial evaluation. He uses it to haul project vehicles from shop to shop for tech story photography and whatever else he needs to transport and my trailer buddy gets the ink.

It’s a beautiful trailer — 100-percent aluminum, dual axle, 20-foot hydraulic tilt-ramp (the whole deck tilts — no ramps to dick with). The fenders lift right off, too, for door clearance on larger vehicles.

Truck guy wanted photos loading a street rod to show that the trailer accepts a really low car with no deck interference. They really did their homework designing the tilt angle geometry. My roadster’s so low, I can’t even do speed bumps — the pitman arm bottoms out.

You’ve heard it before “Praise the Lowered” — “If it Ain’t Low, it Ain’t Mine.”

vbob
                        Participant

HEY

Randy,here’s the deal!
                            Get one of those trailers on the right coast,we load the Dover Drag Strip .Com Willys on it!! put the company name on the car !!
                            We field test the trailer for the season,if it works for us we buy it as at demo $$$!!!or we just dont give it back LOL!!
                            It will be at all the nostalgia races here to include GoodGuys @ Rhinebeck,N.Y. !!

‘V’

storm-king

Well, church with the missus; then working the web with the other revolutionaries planning how we’re going to turn this administration around; and get rid of the coruption in DC. Had a meeting with my core group and another guy from a large automotive parts manufacturer here in Bowling Green about doing some OEM projects. Could be worth about 8 million a year for us. It was a pretty good meeting; as most are when they are done over pizza and a couple of beers. Got home about eight tonight, checking the web for the revolution again, and running all my web traps to see what we’ve got so far. I recommend patriotpost.org or throwthebumsout.com for anyone concerned about where we’re headed, or operationteaparty; we gotta start somewhere.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.