COMPETITION PLUS -Yonkers

Forums Forums SPEED SHOPS from Dover’s past COMPETITION PLUS -Yonkers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Nobody mentioned so I did.

bobrizzi

Dino, Competion Plus was on Yonkers Ave a couple of blocks from Yonkers Raceway.It was a pretty big set up. Pete I think his last name was Di Consenzo worked there great guy he ran a 66′ 396 Chevelle he later worked at the Carbuerator Place.A friend of mine Nickey Dit Dot (yes that we called him) of Nickey’s Towing had them work on his box Nova for awhile then he converted to a Billy Casey Boy. *note as per Don Kauer the word boy should be eliminated …….

don-kauer

Here we go about Casey with the boys again…He had a lot of BOYS around him…I’m starting to wonder about you Speed……..Were you cheating on me in the old days? 😆 😆 😆 😆 …..And The Carb Place in Mt Vernon….My buddy “Gooch” worked there……..He was with a popular Tri State Doo Wop group named Hearts Desire………..

bobrizzi
                    quote donkauer:

Here we go about Casey with the boys again…He had a lot of BOYS around him…I’m starting to wonder about you Speed……..Were you cheating on me in the old days? 😆 😆 😆 😆 …..And The Carb Place in Mt Vernon….My buddy “Gooch” worked there……..He was with a popular Tri State Doo Wop group named Hearts Desire………..

What is DO WOP?(I am Italian HA! HA !) man you must be old….I know that I am getting a little senile but there was a club next to Competion Plus anybody remember the name?

dino
                    Keymaster

Oh Boy …Doo-Wop ? don’t know? …Hey Guys He don’t know what Doo-Wop Is 😀
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hkJL6wRBE8

FOR MORE INFORMATION THAN YOU’LL EVER WANT ABOUT Doo-Wop:
                        http://www.history-of-rock.com/DooWopSound.htm

bobrizzi

Dino,I grew up in The Bronx N.Y. in the 1950’s.Do Wop ? The guys used to sing it in the hallways.My father was an Arthur Ave Guy… so I grew up on the King of N.Y. Do Wop:Dion DiMucci. For all us old street racers out there (Don Kauer included) there is a song by Dion called “The King of the N.Y. Streets” that can apply to all of us….

dino
                            Keymaster

YES! ..had me worried there for a minute…..Enjoy this, New Yowk Boyz!

billy-casey

If I remember the clubs name was the Riviera club , a local mob wonabe hangout , always had big name entertainment … only went there a couple times , not my kind of place … Billy

bobrizzi
                                        quote Billy Casey:

If I remember the clubs name was the Riviera club , a local mob wonabe hangout , always had big name entertainment … only went there a couple times , not my kind of place … Billy

Mr. Casey good memory ….. Rizzi~~~

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.